Help: Wireless Router Blocks Certain Programs

miwojo11

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
Hey guys I live in a fraternity house and we have a wireless network. Whoever set it up a while ago put blocks on the router (im guessing) so you cant download from limewire, log into xbox live, etc. But you can go to normal websites and stuff and download normal files. Someone came by the other day and showed a brother how to get around it and I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to help me. My major is with computers so I think I can be guided through it easily. Thanks for any help.

Chris

miwojo11

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
Its so bad that when I search "limewire" on goole the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" comes up.

lilsage

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
One of the easiest options is to check the setting on the router itself if you can. Check the default gateway address your computer it using when connected... that it the router's address. If you can get in, you can hunt around in there and see what's blocking you. If you can't get in, may want to talk to the others about re-setting the thing and setting it up again. I would hope someone has access so you can just change some settings... however, the hardware itself can easily be re-set. Just takes time to re-configure. Can also look on the hardware to see what model it is and check the companies web site. It will give you a users manual if nothing else so you can figure out what your doing.

TRENDING THREADS