As Promised: Free ASUS 6600GT

Space1Monkey

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
Hello all. I recently won a used 7900 GT from the very generous PETEvsDRM here on the forums. I am hoping to be able to help someone else, though not quite as dramatically. The 7900 is replacing a good condition Asus 6600 GT which I no longer need, and I figure there must be someone out there who needs an upgrade, even if it is only to a 6600 GT.

The contest has the same rules as the earlier one did:

1. I am not rich myself, so you have got to live in the US.

2. Pictures of the inside of your old rig will help. (if you have a handwritten note that says Space1Monkey in the picture that would go a long way towards proving it is a real pic)

3. You have to have some reason why you can't get it yourself.

4. You have to have a pci express slot.

I will ship this out this weekend (9th June) to whoever wins.

Here are a few pics of the 6600GT:

P1010344.jpg

P101034.jpg

P10103.jpg

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Curse be to my AGP mobo! :x

I can see myself on some long EE2/RoN sessions with a card like this. 1280x1024 res (full spec for me on my 17") with full effects. Yeah 2003, what a year :lol:

Seriously though, good to see you've kept "pass it on" alive. Props to you, our friendly celestial primate :D

Shizey

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
Hi, I am an 18 year old female and i try to play games with my husband... he has a 7800+ and I have a 5200FX and... its modded... the fan died on it and I have had it jerry rigged since... well.. since i have had it.. the 6600 will allow me to play games with my husband.. that is one thing that I have wanted to do for a long time... (he plays BF2142 and my 5200 does not play it well at all hah) I want to suprise my husband by being able to go in his games and beat his butt!!! many thanks for a consideration space1monkey! enjoy your day! I have an a8n-prem mothetboard so I am ready for an pcie upgrade

P.S my husband is Shizamaaur, I don't have any posts because i follow his account here on THGF, I will be willing to give away my FX5200 to a needy person!

I will have pictures posted tomorrow! sorry I can't do them tonigiht, I don't have my camera.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Hi, I am an 18 year old female and i try to play games with my husband... he has a 7800+ and I have a 5200FX and... its modded... the fan died on it and I have had it jerry rigged since... well.. since i have had it.. the 6600 will allow me to play games with my husband.. that is one thing that I have wanted to do for a long time... (he plays BF2142 and my 5200 does not play it well at all hah) many thanks for a consideration space1monkey! enjoy your day!

P.S my husband is Shizamaaur, I don't have any posts because i follow his account here on THGF, I will be willing to give away my FX5200 to a needy person!

I'm going to save space1monkey some time by asking you these questions:

-Do you live in the U.S.A?
-Can your mobo support a PCI-E card? Your FX5200 says no.
-Why can't you get it yourself?
-Need pictures!

Sorry if it seems a bit rude of me but your post was rather devoid of (required) information.

Shizey

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
I understand, my motherboard that I have sitting waiting for a video card (a8n-prem) can support pci express.
I live in Pekin, Il, USA
My husband has recently bought his pc, and our kids currently take most of our budget, they play WOW (14, and 16 years old we buy them monthly cards) I don't understand how the game can be that interesting. Schooling is expensive, but I would rather see them with good schooling than anything else... we all know how the world works these days! I absolutely love all the battlefields, and I have an account that I got for Christmas, I would love to be able to play with my husband! thanks!!! PICTURES SOON I promise! I need to get my camera from my eldest brother

Also, any advise on how to upload pics, I don't want to ask my husband because I want it to be a surprise if I anything happens!!!! thanks eveyone!

Shizey

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
I swear I didn't see that, I promise I will give away my 5200!. i hope you all realize that! :cry: I'm not gona have my camera till tomorrow! I promise I will have pics!

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Battlefield is pretty intensive, a 6600gt probably won't cut it. You'll definitely need 2 gig of ram and a fairly fast chip. Just in case you thought it would allow you to play BF2142 really well - it won't.

randomizer

Champion
I swear I didn't see that, I promise I will give away my 5200!. i hope you all realize that! :cry: I'm not gona have my camera till tomorrow! I promise I will have pics!
I'm not saying you wont, its just funny that I said maybe the winner would pass on their old card, and then you went and said you would. Love it :lol:

I just hope we dont get down to giving away REALLY old cards. It will be time to start over after this.

randomizer

Champion
Battlefield is pretty intensive, a 6600gt probably won't cut it. You'll definitely need 2 gig of ram and a fairly fast chip. Just in case you thought it would allow you to play BF2142 really well - it won't.
It will kill here 5200 tho. Sure she wont be playing max graphics, but its performance she wants, not eye candy (correct me if I'm wrong). Shizey dont expect lots of eye candy tho.

Shizey

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
I have a gig and a half of ram and a 3800+ x2 proc waiting... do you guys think that would be enough to play bf2142 on low... my vid card now wont even play it on low... I am currently using an abit a8v or something like that

Shizey

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
Thanks... that's what I want... to atleast be able to play the game at a smooth play.. it could even be at a low graphic quality, as long as i get to whoop Shizaamaaur! ;)!!!

jt001

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Right now I'm on an Athlon 64 3500+, 2GB RAM, and integrated graphics:( I do have an PCI-e slot. I can't afford a card because I lost my previous job when my employer shut the business down, and I'm still between jobs, and I still need a way to pay for college so a video card is the last thing I can afford right now. I used to be a hardcore gamer but when my video card burned out I couldn't afford another, so I'm stuck on integrated. I will post pics of my rig tomorrow(well it's 4am here so later today I should say) Since I don't have an old card to give away, if I got this card I would continue the tradition and send out a spare 775 board I have laying around to a deserving member(eh I know it's not a video card but it's something right?)

Paul_gren

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
I don't want the card but I salute you for doing this. I'm just hoping we won't get to a used TNT2 given away by someone.

When do we hear aboout an ATI based card? like a x1900XT :p

I reaaly enjoy this thread :lol:

randomizer

Champion
Why is everyone saluting me (or replying to me anyway) I'm not giving away a card Space1Monkey is :) (good on ya son :trophy: )

@JT001: what 775 board is that?

@Shizey: Since you have a dualy and 1.5gb RAM, you should have no problems playing the game on low-mid settings. I play with 1gb RAM, gets a little jerky occasionally but i can handle it.

madcat20xac

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2007
i also have integrated graphics, yet i am still a pretty hardcore gamer. I'm limited to older games that do not require alot of power. I go to UC Irvine and have to pay about $2800 a quarter for just tuition alone, not to mention another 1500 for an apartment and books. I actually bought CS:S on steam because of my friends, but my computer can't handle it. My mobo is an intel 915GAG, so it has an empty pci express slot. I bought this computer for $400 3 years ago. Being a computer enthusiast, i've pretty much made my computer as efficient as it can using ghetto mods, rigging up fans with zipties, redoing all the wiring, and replacing the cpu cooler (prescotts run HOT!!). I've tested out a few 775 heatsinks and fans, so i am willing to pass those on, i have a mounted for 2 hours TT silent 775 heatsink lying around

Thanks for your consideration

SEND.jpg

jt001

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
The board is an asrock dual-vsta 775, nothing too fancy but i figured it'd be appropriate with it being compatable with a lot of different hardware, and I have no use for it because I don't have a 775 CPU(had an E4300 but I had to get rid of it almost as soon as I got it)

FeareX

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
People are being so generous these days :lol:

Well to the OP, it's very nice of you to give your old card away :trophy:

Plz don't give it away to the guy who asked for a new pc on this forums :?

randomizer

Champion
The board is an asrock dual-vsta 775, nothing too fancy but i figured it'd be appropriate with it being compatable with a lot of different hardware, and I have no use for it because I don't have a 775 CPU(had an E4300 but I had to get rid of it almost as soon as I got it)
I could do with one of those, I need to get me a C2D and 2gb DDR2 RAM. Look at my sig. DDR1 RAM is more than twice the price of DDR2 in australia. I can get 2gb DDR2 667 for $95 or 2gb DDR1 for $199 8O :x

EDIT: I could even use my current DDR1 ram until I could afford the DDR2! :D