Windows Vista Error

dbx64

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
I posted this in the 7 forums as well. Same issue really.

Hello, when I first installed Win7, I already tried Vista for a few days... Reason why I did not continue to use vista is on any random restart, after the Vista bar loads, before going into the OS, it would either load into it, or have a blue screen error, and restart.

I then tried Win7. I could not even get into the OS with out going into the bios first. I did not even have to change any settings, just go in there and exit out. So, I was not able to use win7 for more than 4 hours...

So I'm back on XP

I then went back to XP. Several weeks later, I flashed my bios. I then tried win7. It worked and I was able to get into the OS with out having the wierd restart issue I had with Vista/Win7. However, my sound would cut out randomly with my x-fi xtreme gamer sound card. So, I went to try Vista again. Vista ran with no issues and I did not have that restart issue as I've stated before.

I then went back to XP for a long time. Finally, I went to Vista. However, this was my last time before staying with XP. The issue arised again..

So my question is this... What is causing the issue? I'm fairly sure it's the board... I haven't had any luck with boards and right now I'm on XP and I've had it working flawlessly.

Sorry for the switching from topic to topic. System specs are below..

E8500
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
eVGA gtx 260
4gv kingston 1066 ram.

Also, please add me on twitter

http://twitter.com/dbx64

confusednick

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
You have the same motherboard as I do. How did you get vista installed? I have one sata hard and one sata dvd burner. Both are recognized in bios, but vista doesn't recognize the hard drive. I desparately need HELP!

dbx64

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009

To be honest, I have not had to tinker around with it. I just put the CD in and it worked!

Sorry for that answer, but I had no issue installing it.

dbx64

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive {file}:
\systemroot\system\config\SECURITY
of its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

That is the error I got for Vista 64. It was my buddie's copy that he torrented. However, I've used it with my old board and I don't recall it having that error. (Did not use Vista that long though...)

I have another copy of Vista that another buddy gave me that I have not yet to try. It has a CD Key in the image file.

With Win7, I have not see the blue message pop up. It's a vague memory and I'm not 100% if it showed up or not.