Help with my pc, did something wrong

elite2005

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
I just built my entire pc, it was a geforce 8500gt, amd athlon 64x2, geforce 6100 mobo, rosewill 450 watt psu, rosewill case, 200 gig WD HD, phillips dvdr burner/cdr. I'm pretty sure i connected everything correctly because when i boot it up, everything seems to be running except when i connect my monitor to the graphic card i get no display.. I thought it was my monitor but i connected it with another and still no display...My graphic card's fan is running so i dont know if its my graphic card. Any suggestions?

Pinoy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
Aren't all GF6100 chipset boards standard with on board video? I think so....

If it does have onboard video, plug your monitor into the motherboards video out first, then jump into the bios and set it to boot pcix video first. Power down, plug your monitor to your video card and all should be good.

If that's not it, I'm stumped :?

Daredevil_8

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Pinoy's soultion sounds like what is probably wrong. Being a new system, it probably is defaulting to the onboard video first.

Hope that works.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
In addition to what Pinoy said make sure you have the latest video drivers for your card and uninstall the onboard video drivers, should be able to do this in Add/Remove programs but make sure you're only uninstalling the video drivers because there are likely other nVidea drivers you'll need.