Problem with the Netgear CG814WG V2 with cable internet.

hyawatha15

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
I just got Comcast cable 6mb internet over this past weekend and the modem they gave us was the CG814WG V2 modem/switch. That is giving internet to 2 computers (1st is wired and 2nd is wireless.) Then a 3rd computer (mine) is connected through a Belkin 54 G Plus router (also connected to this router is an Xbox 360 and Nintendo wii and the internet seems to be working fine for all computers and online services for the game systems.

But here is my problem. When I try to play any type of whether it be an Xbox live game such as Call of Duty 4 or a online PC game such as Battlefield 2142, nothing works online. I can only find a few games and when i join the game it just says Connection problems and then quits. When I had DSL there wasn't a problem.

With Xbox Live, I seem to connect to Live just find, but when I try to play a game, I cant join any matches or if I do, it lasts no more then 1 minute.

Could someone please help me on this situation or at least point me in the right direction to finding the solution?