eVGA 8800GTS 320MB Boot Issue - graphical glitches

I just recently bought an eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB to replace my GeForce 6800, but I'm having trouble booting into Vista. When I try and boot normally, I receive artifacts on my screen. I thought this was a driver problem and could be fixed by going into Safe Mode. However, when I try and boot into Safe Mode, all I receive is a blank screen, or sometimes, a screen filled with a bunch of artifacts. I'm running on an ASUS P5LD2 motherboard, and I have tried several different BIOS versions but they all render the same result.

Here is a video I just recorded of the issue. Please excuse the poor quality, its from my phone:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TvQKZ_nDnmQ

System specs:
ASUS P5LD2 motherboard
Intel P4 550 3.4GHz @ 3.91GHz / 1117MHz FSB
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
3GB Samsung DDR2 PC4200 @ 558MHz
2 x Maxtor 250GB SATA RAID0/1 (300GB/80GB)
Ultra X2 550W Modular PSU
Thermaltake BigWater 745 Liquid Cooling System
Windows Vista Ultimate Signature Edition (32-bit)
4 answers Last reply
More about evga 8800gts 320mb boot issue graphical glitches
  1. you boot fine into vista with the old card right? if yes, try to rma the video card, most likely you got a DOA.
  2. yeah everything works fine with my old card. i'm almost positive that i'm gonna have to RMA it, but i just wanted to be sure before i do.
  3. Make sure you removed all traces of the old drivers. I would recommend getting a copy of DCPro and removing all video drivers from the system and reloading drivers for the 8800.
  4. Quote:
    Make sure you removed all traces of the old drivers. I would recommend getting a copy of DCPro and removing all video drivers from the system and reloading drivers for the 8800.

i don't think that will be necessary. i reformatted two weeks ago and had forceware 158.22 installed, and i haven't changed it since.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards EVGA Boot Geforce Graphics