Sign in with
Your question

speakers make staticky noise when playing videos

Last response: in Components
June 7, 2007 7:41:17 AM

Hi. when I play my videos, my speakers will make this static-like noise or buzzing. Each last for about half a second & come every half a second or less. This started to happen about two months ago. the right one is worst than the left. Extremely annoying when you're watching a movie.
I've tried reinstalling my drivers, tried reconnecting my speakers, tried connecting brand new speakers.
I have A8N-VM CSM motherboard & no sound card. Hope someone here can help me.
June 7, 2007 9:50:10 PM

Try downloading and installing the latest board and sound drivers for your board. You didn't say whether or not it's noisy on music or with a different video player, so beyond that I can't offer much.

Edit: OOPs, you already tried drivers. Next time I'll try reading the post a little more closely.
June 8, 2007 8:54:29 PM

Music is OK. But all my video players do it. VLC player seems to be a lot more extreme than media player. Full screening w/ any player makes the sound more pronounced.
Related resources
June 12, 2007 12:19:49 AM

Quote:
my speakers will make this static-like noise or buzzing.

Lay off the Booze, Liquor boy
June 12, 2007 12:47:26 AM

You could be getting some interference from a whole bunch of cords in a big pile. That could cause static in some instances.
June 12, 2007 1:29:22 AM

How are your speakers connected?

Are you using line out or headphones out?

Do you have an old fashioned audio cable from the CD/DVD rom drive to the sound card?

When you say music is good do you mean MP3 or do you mean CD?
June 30, 2007 1:33:18 AM

UPDATE: I reinstalled my drivers once again & now video & music if fine. However, when I play games or browse internet as I am right now it will continously make the noise so I just turn off the sounds.

Speakers are connected normally I suppose. Into the green slot w/ sound wave picture beside... No other slot gives sound lol. No idea what line out/headphones out is. Music is mp3.

Should I reinstall my drivers once again? last time I did my internet got screwed up
Anonymous
January 31, 2009 8:41:47 PM

It took me forever to find a post that looked anything like the problem I'm having. This has been a problem with me, only after adding 2GB of ram to the system.
Would anyone know if this is a problem with the RAM, the installation of the ram, or a need to update drivers?
!