xfx 8800gts 320mb
320gb 7200rpm hard disk
motherboard asus p5ld
DVD RW dl
400w power supply

More about : classed high end

a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2007 9:06:36 AM

OK, this is the graphics forum, but Ill give it a whack. 2.4 on a C2D isnt high end. The GTS is high end, just not super uber. Your HDD is smallish and at 7200, so meh and finally yout psu barely makes it with all you have so far, thus elimating any upgrade paths. So all in all, Id say you have a lower highend rig, which is better than most but still along way from the top. I think youd be better served to upgrade your psu for better ocing, maybe get more out of your cpu,maybe a lil and of course your GTS as well.
June 7, 2007 10:16:40 AM

I would call it upto date rather than super high end.

Better than many PC's out there, a nice gaming machine, but not up there with the many rigs out there with 8800 GTX's or SLI'd 8800 GTX's and quad cores.

I personally feel the single GTX is now a pretty common card after 7 months on sale, many people with high resolution displays are looking to get their second GTX in place.

Thats not to take anything away from what is a very respectable gaming rig that will play superbly well at the resolutions average displays can manage.
Related resources
June 7, 2007 10:57:20 AM

Quote:
i was wondering what my pc would be classed at

specs:
Core 2 Duo e6400 @2.4ghz
2gb ram ddr2
xfx 8800gts 320mb
320gb 7200rpm hard disk
motherboard asus p5ld
DVD RW dl
400w power supply
I wouldn't call a 400W powersupply high end.
June 7, 2007 11:03:36 AM

Quote:

specs:
Core 2 Duo e6400 @2.4ghz
2gb ram ddr2
xfx 8800gts 320mb
320gb 7200rpm hard disk
motherboard asus p5ld
DVD RW dl
400w power supply

details on the psu please :D  ......a generic psu cannot hold that gpu...restarts and hangs will occur
June 7, 2007 11:05:21 AM

I would say it's high end.

Until the PSU blows it all up. I would advise you get a better PSU, or you can be very sorry.
June 7, 2007 11:23:10 AM

Try oc ur cpu to 2.6... i find thats the ideal temp i want mine to sit at.

Ive managed to oc my e6400 with my zalman air cooling to 3.2, i didnt bother to test stability since it becomes unstable just after 2.8....i dont want to turn up the voltage to increase stability.

The psu is a killer... def gonna hold back any future upgrades regarding gfx and cpu.
June 7, 2007 12:09:37 PM

Mid range. :roll:
High end would have---
e6700 or better
8800gts 640Mb sli or 8800gtx/ultra or Radeon hd2900xt crossfire
800watt+ PSU
Raptor raid 0 or any raid 0 and 500gb+ storage
4gb DDR800 cl4 or better

BTW I would upgrade the PSU ASAP! 8O
June 7, 2007 12:27:18 PM

Quote:

specs:
Core 2 Duo e6400 @2.4ghz
2gb ram ddr2
xfx 8800gts 320mb
320gb 7200rpm hard disk
motherboard asus p5ld
DVD RW dl
400w power supply

I would say it was mid range but with OC potential that would place it close to high end as is.
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2007 11:53:53 PM

In a way, you are asking the wrong people. I say yes, an 8800GTS 320MB/e6400/2GB is high end(ignoring the PSU). But it's far from cutting edge or ultimate performance. So while it may be better than 99 out of 100 systems that people game on today, around here people will not call it high end. ANyway, to me high end means above mainsteam but below top of the line/cutting edge/ultimate/dream/ etc. Take this ? to a game forum like Need for Speed Carbon, etc. and people would be more apt to drool over those specs.
June 8, 2007 12:32:15 AM

I agree with most. This is good midrange pc with potential. OC some, get a better PSU, and your fine!
June 8, 2007 1:00:51 AM

High end would be having a rig with flagship or components that are close. I will mention the components I think are not top tier. Yes I'm going to be picky but it's my personal opinion.

The E6400, albeit a great processor, is not top tier in the intel lineup. A quad core or a 6700 would fit that bill for me.

A 400 GB hard drive by itself is not top tier. Get a 750GB hard drive or 1TB hard drive and you might have it. Two 400GB hard drives on one machine I would consider top tier.

As others have said 4GB of RAM would be high end, not 2GB.

Only one optical drive in my book is not top tier. This is for a couple of reasons. First they are so inexpensive there really isn't an excuse. Second some discs unreadable on one type of drive may be readable on another one.

And one glaring omission is the Sound Card. You can argue all day that onboard sound is the same and you can't tell the difference..yada yada. But it really isn't true. IMO you aren't getting the most out of your system without a sound card.
June 8, 2007 1:45:17 AM

Quote:
High end would have---
e6700 or better
800watt+ PSU
4gb DDR800 cl4 or better

I disagree, my system is high-end and doesn't have that (see sig). First you have to define high-end, to me high-end is greater than the majority. There are different levels of high-end what you people are saying is unless it's the fastest available it's not high-end. I would put it at high mid-level lower high-end. But what really matters is if you like it not telling your friends you have a high-end PC
June 8, 2007 2:10:15 AM

It is not a bleeding edge system.

That said, it is years ahead of the average system being used the majority of the Google users in the last 30 seconds.

Rated on a scale of 1-100, I will give ya a 88. Any improvements you make will be increasingly expensive and result in only marginal improvements.
June 8, 2007 2:21:13 AM

I agree. A true enthusiast knows where the point of diminishing returns lies, which is at which point spending more money doesn't get you noticeably better performance.

You're cornering the price vs. performance ratio. Looks like you spent a moderate amount of money on parts that perform awesomely without breaking the bank.

Only suggestion I would make is to change the PSU. What brand is it, and what are the specs? Amperage especially.
June 8, 2007 3:20:05 AM

Quote:
High end would have---
e6700 or better
800watt+ PSU
4gb DDR800 cl4 or better

I disagree, my system is high-end and doesn't have that (see sig). First you have to define high-end, to me high-end is greater than the majority. There are different levels of high-end what you people are saying is unless it's the fastest available it's not high-end. I would put it at high mid-level lower high-end. But what really matters is if you like it not telling your friends you have a high-end PC

Overclocking a "budget" CPU does not make a "high end" PC, The 8800gts 320mb video card while nice is a mid range GPU no matter how you look at it.
A high end PC is one that takes full advantage of "bleeding edge" tech.
My e4300 has a nice OC, a 8800gtx, 4 gig of ddr2 800, 2x74gig raptor raid 0.........IT IS NOT A HIGH END PC! A high performance PC it is, there is a big difference.
June 8, 2007 3:52:01 AM

Quote:
The 8800gts 320mb video card while nice is a mid range GPU no matter how you look at it.

Excuse me but how can you possibly say the 320 is mid-range when there are only two faster cards on the planet. I think your idea of the market is completely wrong. So I suppose that unless you have a PC P&C 1000 you have a mid-range system. Mid-range is what the average consumer waking into Best Buy will pay for. The systems on this board and others like it are no indication of the average and anything signifigantly above average is high-end, period. Granted my CPU is the second cheapest C2D but a quick look at Newegg shows 18 CPU's below mine at stock performance and 8 above mine and that's only Intel CPU's. After you add in the AMD's the gap widens. Your idea of if it isn't the top it's the middle is a little messed up. To be more percise there are three catagories, low, mid, high. That breaks it up into thirds so by your statement greater than a third of the population has a 8800GTS 320 or better. If you had a clue you would see how ridiculous you sound.
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2007 4:10:04 AM

I understand where you are coming from, but don't really agree with ya. I see all the GF8800's as high end and the 8600's, 7900GS, X1950 pro as more midrange. I guess to you the top 10% is high end. To me it's more the top 30% if there are only 3 classes (high end/midrange/value). But then again, as I said, I see there being more than 3 classes really and high end doesn't have to mean cutting edge, extreme, ultimate, dream, exotic, over-priced, etc.

It's an intersting question and understandable answers will vary. But I personally see his system squeaking into the lower part of high end instead of the upper part of midrange. I refuse to think that you can't find good bang for the buck and still be high end. High end should not have to mean money is no object - e6700 or above and 8800GTX or SLI 8800's. When I am asked about a high end gaming PC now, I think of a single 640MB GTS or 8800GTX paired with an e6600 and 2GB as the sweet spot without going extreme/ overpriced. He is not far enough below that to get booted to midrange in my eyes, but I do agree with the guy who said a high end PC should have a sound card like an X-fi in it.
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2007 4:14:07 AM

I didn't see your post when I wrote mine, but you are thinking along the same line as me. Even if we specifically talk gaming PC's and not just PC's, I still see him squeaking into high end gaming PC territory.
June 8, 2007 4:27:22 AM

Quote:
The 8800gts 320mb video card while nice is a mid range GPU no matter how you look at it.

Excuse me but how can you possibly say the 320 is mid-range when there are only two faster cards on the planet. I think your idea of the market is completely wrong. So I suppose that unless you have a PC P&C 1000 you have a mid-range system. Mid-range is what the average consumer waking into Best Buy will pay for. The systems on this board and others like it are no indication of the average and anything signifigantly above average is high-end, period. Granted my CPU is the second cheapest C2D but a quick look at Newegg shows 18 CPU's below mine at stock performance and 8 above mine and that's only Intel CPU's. After you add in the AMD's the gap widens. Your idea of if it isn't the top it's the middle is a little messed up.

A single 320mb 8800gts has 3 or 4 better cards above it the 640mb 8800gts, the 8800gtx, and the 8800gtx ultra. Possibly the HD2900xt. :wink:
Sorry to burst your bubble, with crossfire and sli available a single video card is mid range unless you have the best. :cry: 
I could give a crap less about the PSU as long as it has enough power to stably run the system it doesn’t matter. (i.e.: a more expensive PSU does not add to performance) 8O
The junk at Best Buy is not mid range it is low end. No matter what the sales staff tells you.
As for the CPU..."high end" CPUs are the top dogs QX6700, E6700, X6800.
To have a high end PC you must have the "best" of everything. Cost vs. performance be dammed.
A high performance PC and a high end PC are not the same thing.
a c 360 U Graphics card
June 8, 2007 4:27:37 AM

I would say your system is an upper mid-range rig.

The only thing remarkable about your rig is the 8800GTS which is the 3rd fastest card in nVidia's lineup.

The E6400 is considered average Hell, I even consider the E6600 in my rig average.

The biggest weakness in your system is probably your PSU. Without any further info about exactly which make and model it is people would assume it is generic. That would not be good for the 8800GTS especially if you are overclocking the CPU and/or the GPU.
June 8, 2007 4:30:47 AM

Quote:
Even if we specifically talk gaming PC's and not just PC's, I still see him squeaking into high end gaming PC territory.

That's exactly my point. If your only taking into consideration the PC's others are using on this board (or want but can't afford) then it's a pretty upper mid-range system. If your looking at the whole PC market it is certainly better than average and most likely in the top third which would mean high-end. It really seems as if what's his name is in the minority.
Quote:
"Don't waste your breath and I won't waste my hate on you"
Take your own advice
June 8, 2007 4:45:54 AM

Quote:
Even if we specifically talk gaming PC's and not just PC's, I still see him squeaking into high end gaming PC territory.

That's exactly my point. If your only taking into consideration the PC's others are using on this board (or want but can't afford) then it's a pretty upper mid-range system. If your looking at the whole PC market it is certainly better than average and most likely in the top third which would mean high-end. It really seems as if what's his name is in the minority.
Quote:
"Don't waste your breath and I won't waste my hate on you"
Take your own advice

As a gaming PC it is defiantly mid range. You all need to game more! :lol: 
High end is not the top 33% more like the top 2%. 8O
You and I will have to agree to disagree on this subject. 8)
June 8, 2007 4:49:51 AM

Quote:
would this be classed as a high end pc?

No where in there does it say gaming PC, you need to read (and think) before you post.
June 8, 2007 5:12:24 AM

Why would you buy a DX10 card right now unless you game? Why waste the money to "surf the net" or play solitare? Cheaper DX9 cards handle everything out there right now.
Most people do not care what their PC is classified at; as long as it turns on they are happy.
To ask "would this be classed as a high end pc?" to me means the OP wants his "e-penis" to be bigger than someone else's. Gamers have "e-penis" syndrome more than any other PC users out there.
I have an Athlon XP 2400+ that blows away a 33mhz 486, does that make it 'high end"?
June 8, 2007 10:09:52 AM

By itself the 320mb 8800gts is a high/mid range card it is outclassed by---
-640mb 8800gts
-sli 320mb 8800gts
-sli 640mb 8800gts
-8800gtx
-8800gtx ultra
-sli 8800gtx
-sli 8800gtx ultra
I also believe the HD2900 xt and the HD2900 xt in crossfire are better than a single 320mb 8800GTS

We are not talking high end GPUs here the OP wants to know if his PC is "high end"
The 8800 series are all high end cards, one high end component in a system does not make the whole thing a "high end" system.
June 8, 2007 11:13:00 AM

Hey...how about arguing which shade of blue is used on the TG forum? I want my time back spent checking this thread. :roll:
June 8, 2007 12:37:22 PM

Quote:

To have a high end PC you must have the "best" of everything. Cost vs. performance be dammed.

You don't need a QX6700, E6700 or X6800 CPU to have a high end rig.

I bought a cheap E6400 as an interim chip waiting for the 45nm Penryn models but as it turns out the chip is an exceptional overclocker. At 3.6Ghz it will run circles around 99% of those fat chips you listed, barring the odd multithreaded app here and there. Yes, those chips will OC also but even when those chips are OC'ed the E6400 remains competitive and solidly in the high end department.

You just don't need a high end CPU to get high end performance, especially in gaming.
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2007 1:01:45 PM

Quote:
You just don't need a high end CPU to get high end performance, especially in gaming.
Exactly what I was saying in the first response of this thread. High end doesnt mean high buck, it means PERFORMANCE. If your res on your monitor is 12x10, then high performance IS a 320GTS. Isnt high PERFORMANCE = to FPS? and IQ? What I was also trying to tell the op, for more performance, hed need a better psu for even more ocing. If you can run a C2D at 3.xx then youre hitting high end performance. If you oc the GTS to GTX levels on a 12x10 res, youll be getting high end performance.If you do these things, youll be in the top 10% of all rigs and youll have a high end pc. To the OP, get that psu youll need to make this happen and then you wont need starch to hold up your epeni$
a c 143 U Graphics card
June 8, 2007 1:29:15 PM

Quote:

specs:
Core 2 Duo e6400 @2.4ghz
2gb ram ddr2
xfx 8800gts 320mb
320gb 7200rpm hard disk
motherboard asus p5ld
DVD RW dl
400w power supply

It depends... Your PC is 87.35 times better than my current PC (from 2001), so yeah, you could call it high-end and I won't object. Of course, next month I'll have a new PC that will make yours look pathetic. That's how it works... Really, man, who cares? It's a great PC, I'm sure you can do anything you need with it, so stop worrying and enjoy it :lol: 

If it makes you feel better: I'm guessing that 90% of gamers out there would be happy to have your PC instead of whatever they have.
June 8, 2007 1:36:33 PM

Quote:

You don't need a QX6700, E6700 or X6800 CPU to have a high end rig.

I bought a cheap E6400 as an interim chip waiting for the 45nm Penryn models but as it turns out the chip is an exceptional overclocker. At 3.6Ghz it will run circles around 99% of those fat chips you listed, barring the odd multithreaded app here and there. Yes, those chips will OC also but even when those chips are OC'ed the E6400 remains competitive and solidly in the high end department.

June 8, 2007 2:32:58 PM

Absolutely not!!! Only Apple Computers are considered high!
June 8, 2007 2:41:02 PM

"High end" needs to be kept distinct from "top end", which is what most of you are talking about. Of systems being sold today, that would be "high end". Keep in mind how few people (even among rather solid gamers) have an 8800 or an HD 2900XT, and that should give you some sort of an idea of where he stands. Sure, his system isn't an enthusiast rig, but I'm still convinced a lot of those monster setups are purchased by people with more money than brains :) 
June 8, 2007 3:17:49 PM

The poster does not say it's a "Gaming PC" but it most likely is and you need to respond based upon what data you have.

1) If it was a Graphic Artists PC, he would likely have 4gb of Ram.

2) If it was for a serious scientific research and data analysis, it would likely not have the 8800GTS and would have a faster CPU.

3) If he was concerned about using it for a file server/application server he likely would not have posted in the "Graphics Card" section.

When learning analytical theory one will quickly learn that all knowledge is based upon assumptions. When making your argument it is often best to state your assumptions. This is exaclty what the responder did.

Too bad you could not make an intelligent contribution, but rather tried to smack somebody who was making such an attempt.

I might recommend the works of Plato and Aristotle who cover many of the basics of knowledge. These are complimented well by books on Symbolic Logic to assist in breaking down arguments covered in these works.

Upon doing this, you may become an actual contributor to the forums with a gained ability to provide analysis.

Wishing you good luck in these endevors :D 
June 8, 2007 3:24:28 PM

Quote:
would this be classed as a high end pc?

No where in there does it say gaming PC, you need to read (and think) before you post.

What THG considers "high end"
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/05/10/system_builder_marathon/page15.html#authors_opinion
Mid range
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/05/09/system_builder_marathon/page12.html
Low end
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/05/08/system_builder_marathon/page7.html

I would agree 100% with the THG definitinitions there. Thats exactly where I see the market. I also think that although my system was fairly high end when I built it back in early December its now falling behind.

I have a antec p180 case e6600, 2gb ram, 8800GTX, and 2x160gb hdd in a raid 0.

To consider it a serious high end rig now I would want to add a second GTX, a new motherboard, some more ram and a quad core processor. possibly upgrading the disks would be good as well. The resolutions I game at I would actually see a decent benefit from a second GTX 2048x1536 is enough to make the single GTX cry at times :cry: .

Where I want to see real performance boosts is flash memory drives, I want to boot and run my games from memory instead of a disk :twisted: .
June 8, 2007 4:23:53 PM

Quote:
Too bad you could not make an intelligent contribution, but rather tried to smack somebody who was making such an attempt.

Your statements were in reply to mine so therfore I would assume they were directed to me. Did you even read any of the posts? Your saying thats it's a logical statement that if you don't own an Extreme CPU and GTX you have a mid-range system. There are many levels of high-end which would be greater than the majority. All I was saying was that the system in question, although on the low side, was in fact greater than the majority.
June 8, 2007 4:24:20 PM

i wouldn't sazy 'no' to a PC like that :o 
June 8, 2007 7:18:56 PM

Quote:
Mid range. :roll:
High end would have---
e6700 or better
800watt+ PSU
4gb DDR800 cl4 or better

BTW I would upgrade the PSU ASAP! 8O

your all be far to picky, he said high, not ultimate, gaming, or extreme.
I would say it was it was high (just) as with screem it would cost £800+ more than the average would spend

as well, 8800 series is high coz 8600 is medium
and 6420 is high because e6320 is medium and XP and e4400 is low
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2007 1:21:24 AM

Quote:
We are not talking high end GPUs here the OP wants to know if his PC is "high end"
The 8800 series are all high end cards, one high end component in a system does not make the whole thing a "high end" system.

Well, less than two weeks ago Anand would completetly disagree with you. I don't see the e6400 or 2GB ram being worse than a 320MB 8800GTS. Pretty well balanced IMO. Anand's current high end rigs starts with 2GB ram and an X2 5600+. or e6600. Granted, their setup is better than his and they have dual 8800GTS, but you are saying his GPU is the best thing in his system and the rest falls short. I don't agree and clearly anandtech doesn't either as the GPU is what they bump way up over his specs.
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2998&p=2
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2998&p=4

A few months ago they did their midrange setups, and basic midrange was an X2 3800+ and 7600GS. Which system does his more resemble?
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2910&p=2

Now honestly, I don't at all completely agree with Anand either. It's hard swallowing a 7600GS in such rigs. Nor do I think you need dual 8800GTS to be high end. But there is obviously a broad range of what is considered high end rigs depending on the use and not just the cutting edge like that term means to you.

Anway, I am not saying you are wrong. I understand what you are saying and would expect around here to many people his system is not high end. But I still think it's a fair and accurate answer to his simple question to say yes your PC is high end, nowhere near top of the line, but still hitting the high end.
June 9, 2007 3:57:06 AM

I am saying the OP has a high performance midrange PC, I'm sorry to disappoint all of you but only a l33t few have truly "high end" PCs and they don't stay there for long. To compare a midrange system from a few months ago to one today is not realistic in computer technology, that which is "high end" today is tomorrows mid range or low end. It is said "those on the bleeding edge of technology are usually cut by it" No matter how great your system is today, next year it will be close to the bottom of the pile. Face facts people all of our beloved "l33t" systems are fast becoming "obsolete" in terms of "high end" performance.

I do not classify the "budget Wal-Mart pc" or the many cheap every day PCs because I would not buy them. As a majority enthusiasts would not look twice at these "PCs" so you really can't include them in the debate.
Low cost computers barely have enough anything to run, they are junk.

Base your rankings on the benches of the Video cards, a 8800gts gets killed by 8800gts sli, now look at the difference in performance when you pit the 8800gts against the 8800gtx or the 8800gtx in sli.

To stay on top of things and have a "high end" system you can not take the bottom of the best (C2D and 8800 series) when the top end of the same groups have that big of performance increase.

We are in the days of multi GPU systems (sli and crossfire); a single card barely cuts the cake anymore in a "high end" system.

I'm not cutting mid range systems, it is what I build for myself. I just know better than to compare it to and try and call it a "high end" system.
June 9, 2007 4:05:13 AM

I agree. "High end" to me means a recent machine with excellent performance. That is the point of getting a high end machine, right, performance? Otherwise, what's the point?

A system with an 8800, a C2D, and 2GB of RAM is one example of a high end machine, that's all there is to it. Hell, I'd consider my X2 3800+, X1900XT, and 2GB of RAM high end, because it runs any modern game at high settings at smooth frame rates. At work, we have several machines with Quadro FX 4500 workstation cards. You wouldn't use them for gaming, but they're very high end for the OpenGL work they'll be doing on a huge RDM display setup.

Using the term "high end" is ambiguous, because it's pretty obvious that people have different definitions of what that is. Those with quad-core CPUs, 4GB of RAM, G80s in SLI, and large monitors think their system is high end. Like I said, I think my system without an 8800 or a C2D CPU is still high end. It's all based on perception.

Another problem is that people tend to only look at the specs of the tower, and forget everything else. Maybe someone with a 6800GT has a 24" LCD screen? Maybe the guy with a Pentium 4 has a 7.1 THX Surround Sound speaker setup? Maybe that Lian Li full-tower case with the Seasonic power supply and liquid cooling is only driving an Athlon XP 2800+, a 6600GT, and a GB of RAM? What about those machines? Are they high end?

You have to look at the whole system, not just one part, I agree with that. However, a high end video card can make an otherwise midrange system high end for gaming, because a video card makes the most difference in those 3D intense applications, assuming the system has enough RAM to see the benefit.
June 9, 2007 7:05:55 AM

Quote:

Another problem is that people tend to only look at the specs of the tower, and forget everything else. Maybe someone with a 6800GT has a 24" LCD screen? Maybe the guy with a Pentium 4 has a 7.1 THX Surround Sound speaker setup? Maybe that Lian Li full-tower case with the Seasonic power supply and liquid cooling is only driving an Athlon XP 2800+, a 6600GT, and a GB of RAM? What about those machines? Are they high end?

At one time yes, these were all "high end". Now they are low end. The P4 with 7.1 THX would be considerd a "high end" sound system not a high end PC. Try and play Oblivion on that 6800GT with all the goodies turned on with the 24" monitor, it will not do it. Liquid cooling, a nice case, and a reliable PSU do not make a system "high end". You are mixing Quality with "high end", true most high end products are good quality...they have to be. But not all quality products are "high end".
June 9, 2007 7:50:36 AM

well sorry but i meant gaming pc, you know what i meant
June 9, 2007 9:04:19 AM

The hell with those stupid, fat, waste of money high end processors (QX6700, X6800, E6700).

Why the hell does the label matter when i can buy an E6600 for $300 NZD and easily oc it to X6800 speeds? This is just what i did with mine but at the resolutions i play at it doesn't really make much difference anyway.

As for SLI, i will be buying a second 8800GTX this week. It better be worth it. I've heard it is really good for gaming at 1680x1050 and i'm sick of the inconsistent performance i get with just one.
June 9, 2007 7:02:50 PM

lol i thought i was gunna get a few short replies but instead this turned in to a big discussion. anyway thanks for the replys
June 9, 2007 10:31:54 PM

Not to knock your PC but its definitly midrange with a nice video card and crappy psu. IMO a highend PC would be at least

Intel e6600 or q6600
amd 6000x2 or fx62
4gigs performance ram
Raptor (system) + 500gig (storage) drives
600w+ psu
8800gtx or 2900xt if its a gaming rig
Quadro FX1500 or FireGL v7200 if its a workstation
Xfi or similar for gaming
Emu 1616m or similar for DAW or Audiophile use
high perf. case(Antec, Lian Li, Silverstone....etc)
high perf. cooling solution
!