Sign in with
Your question

want a reply asap

Last response: in Memory
June 7, 2007 4:30:52 PM

hi guys
i wanted to ask u guys a question. how much performance difference would i c in games and other applications between 2gb ddr2 667 corsair value ram and 2gb ddr2 667 corsair xms2. provided no ram is overclocked at all.

More about : reply asap

June 7, 2007 4:59:11 PM

Unless you are tweaking voltage, timings, latency IE Overclocking, probably very little.
June 7, 2007 5:17:46 PM

The difference will be so great you will be able to type "see" instead of "c" with absolutly no lag!!!
Related resources
June 7, 2007 5:25:50 PM

And possibly even capitalization and proper punctuation.

Then again, maybe not.
June 7, 2007 6:08:02 PM

4 3dmarks
3 superpi seconds
2 IOPS
And needlessly lighter wallet

Get the Value RAM
June 7, 2007 6:59:07 PM

then again
how much performance difference would i see between these two ram. like in games, what can i expect, like how many fps less with value ram. once again provided no overclocking at all.
June 7, 2007 7:13:24 PM

Sorry for the semi-sarcastic reply.

It's unlikely you'll see any difference at all.

Since they're rated at the same speeds (assuming they have the same timings), they'll likely performe the same. XMS is designed for overclocking.

In fact, unless you have a 1333 FSB processor (most likely 1066), you'll be just as well off getting DDR2-533 if you're not overclocking. If you were to get DDR2-667, to use the RAM at 1333 and the FSB at 1066, you'd have to run the RAM async, which usually involves taking a performance hit instead of a performance gain that would might expect from the faster RAM speed (because it's async).

So in short, if you're getting a 1066FSB processor, you can get DDR2-533 and be just as fast as the DDR2-667. The faster speed means it CAN run faster, but you generally don't want to unless you're overclocking. Also, getting DDR2-533 means that your RAM will probably have tighter (i.e. lower) timings, which might get you a FPS or 2 over the DDR2-667.

If you're not familiar with RAM timings, getting DDR2 at 4-4-4-12 would be better than getting DDR2 at 5-5-5-15. Generally, lower timings are always better, but faster bus speeds are not always better (unless you're overclocking).
June 7, 2007 7:53:42 PM

Quote:
4 3dmarks
3 superpi seconds
2 IOPS

LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
June 7, 2007 8:02:27 PM

By the way, your subject line is kind of bitchy. If you really want a reply you should say something like "please reply asap!!!!!!" instead of "want a reply asap". Cocky bastard!
June 7, 2007 8:15:41 PM

Here is your quick reply...
June 7, 2007 8:38:03 PM

RELPY ASAP

here, have two: reply asap

Ok, seriously, make better thread titles. kkty
June 7, 2007 8:44:58 PM

Quote:
4 3dmarks
3 superpi seconds
2 IOPS
And needlessly lighter wallet

Get the Value RAM

...which SuperPi run?
June 7, 2007 8:46:06 PM

WANT A REPLY ASAP! I b bying ram in da next 5 minutes yo! Tell me hurry right now plz plz plz b4 i click on da by btton.

Kthx
June 7, 2007 8:53:12 PM

O__o
June 8, 2007 1:58:09 AM

hey dont leave me behind!

here is my reply :) 
June 8, 2007 6:18:13 AM

thanks for the reply. i got it.
as for dean7, this shows there is some problem with u and your background. if u dont like the title of the thread, u can give your suggestions politely. there is no need to prove that u are from a very low down family that has no manners whatsoever. the polite way u would have said "your title doesnt fit with this thread, it should have been .......". thats all.
June 8, 2007 6:23:13 AM

one more thing, on the asus's website, it is written that to run processors with 1333fsb, we have to have the updated bios and our ram must not be less than ddr2 667.so does it matter whether the ram is value ram or the normal ram, apart from overclocking potential.
June 8, 2007 9:36:55 AM

Quote:
The difference will be so great you will be able to type "see" instead of "c" with absolutly no lag!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
June 8, 2007 9:39:02 AM

Quote:
u are from a very low down family that has no manners whatsoever

I knew there was something troubling me... that's it! I am from a very low down family! We only sleep 10mm off the ground, and we are all short! And we have low social status! Damn us!
:lol: 
June 8, 2007 10:29:52 AM

Its amazing how a small statment can make a huge thread of useless stuff :0
June 8, 2007 10:44:08 AM

come on guys, enough of this poor title thingy, can anyone reply to my previous post that is will there be any difference between the performance of these ram, if so then how much, and will the value ram support cpu with 1333fsb, as the asus website says that ddr2 667 and above will support those processors. are value ram included.
June 8, 2007 11:04:30 AM

More often than not the only difference between the two types of RAM is the heat-spreaders they put on the overclocking version (XMS2) of the RAM. So more than likely there will be no difference at all.
June 8, 2007 11:06:10 AM

thanks for the reply bro, really appreciated
June 8, 2007 3:45:45 PM

Quote:
come on guys, enough of this poor title thingy, can anyone reply to my previous post that is will there be any difference between the performance of these ram, if so then how much, and will the value ram support cpu with 1333fsb, as the asus website says that ddr2 667 and above will support those processors. are value ram included.

Here's where you went wrong...

"U" is a letter

"You" is a word

And U are an Idiot.
June 8, 2007 4:41:40 PM

Quote:
one more thing, on the asus's website, it is written that to run processors with 1333fsb, we have to have the updated bios and our ram must not be less than ddr2 667.so does it matter whether the ram is value ram or the normal ram, apart from overclocking potential.

OMG IM TIRED OF THIS

1) YOU NEED DDR2 667MHZ RAM TO RUN 333MHZ FSB (1333 EFECTIVE)PROCESSORS! (667 RAM->333mhz RAM=333mhz FSB)

2) XMS2 ARE MADE FOR OVERCLOCK, SAID THAT, THEY ARE MORE LIKELY TO GIVE YOU BETTER RESULTS (NOT GUARANTEED). ALSO HEATSPREADERS WHEN THEY GET A LITTLE HOT.

3) YES YOU NEED UPDATED BIOS TO RUN 333mhz FSB IF THEY ARE NOT P35 MOTHERBOARDS

AS LONG AS THE RAM IS DDR2 667MHZ OR HIGHER YOU CAN RUN 333mhz FSB CPUS

------------

Now, can we close this thread?
June 8, 2007 4:42:36 PM

Quote:
By the way, your subject line is kind of bitchy. If you really want a reply you should say something like "please reply asap!!!!!!" instead of "want a reply asap". Cocky bastard!

That's exactly what I was thinking.
June 8, 2007 4:44:27 PM

Quote:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

What can we expect from that kind of people...
June 8, 2007 4:48:45 PM

first of all u or you are not in the quote u have shown, secondly this is not like i am passing a new rule that i have to chk and abide the laws of writing. this is a forum which does not mind these things. I dont get what is your problem. i am here to have some questions answered and u guys come up as start these irrelevant posts. get some life.
June 8, 2007 5:40:11 PM

Let me tell you something

Nobody is obligated to answer a topic unless they want to. If people in here dont give a crap about your problem, you cannot make them help you. Even you said it, "this is a forum which does not mind these things", so if you dont mind people NOT answering your topic, why should you MAKE them answer it? or worse, ORDER them to answer it. Thats not a polite way to ask people for help.

Looks like you come from forums in which people have no respect for others. You are never suppose to write "want a reply asap" even if your computer is gonna explode in 10 seconds.

If you are here to have some questions answered, remember that the people that is gonna answer is spending some time out of their valuable time writing for you to help you out.

Nothing would have happen if you could have written "Questions about RAM, 333mhz FSB and Corsair" instead of "want a reply asap".
June 8, 2007 6:40:37 PM

Quote:
Let me tell you something

Nobody is obligated to answer a topic unless they want to. If people in here dont give a crap about your problem, you cannot make them help you. Even you said it, "this is a forum which does not mind these things", so if you dont mind people NOT answering your topic, why should you MAKE them answer it? or worse, ORDER them to answer it. Thats not a polite way to ask people for help.

Looks like you come from forums in which people have no respect for others. You are never suppose to write "want a reply asap" even if your computer is gonna explode in 10 seconds.

If you are here to have some questions answered, remember that the people that is gonna answer is spending some time out of their valuable time writing for you to help you out.

Nothing would have happen if you could have written "Questions about RAM, 333mhz FSB and Corsair" instead of "want a reply asap".

Exactly Slim.

I think this person is failing to understand that the title is written in a demanding way as if he/she is telling people to give an answer. It should have been written in the manner of a request and there would have been none of this extraneous posting on whether he/she was being rude or not :roll:

To the OP, as several mentioned already there will be NO discernable difference between those Ram at default speeds. MAYBE a benchmark could see a little difference although slight, YOU will not notice any difference whatsoever without overclocking. The ONLY difference you see at all will be in the weight of your wallet.
June 8, 2007 7:09:22 PM

thanks for the reply.
come on guys u have taken this title in the wrong sense. i never meant to demand an answer nor to be rude in any way. if u guys are offended then im sorry. but still, this doesnt mean u guys say these types of things like u cocky bastard, u idiot and etc. just think for a minute that if i was rude, would i have posted politely to those who were saying bad things to me. i dont think so. but then again, lets not be too angry. chill down, i have admitted my mistake. and lets get back to the main thing.
i have read in the previous posts that there will be no or slight difference in the performance, between these two rams. another question is that how much can a value ram be overclocked, any idea. and which value ram would be better, corsair value select or kingston value ram. Hope u guys dont take my title thingy so seriously. if so then i am once again sorry. Thanks
June 8, 2007 7:28:51 PM

Sorry, need to brighten up the day somehow :) 

There will be no difference at all in performance between the RAM unless you are overclocking, but even then the XMS is not great so you should go for something else if you want to overclock.

Just get the Value Select, it will be fine. :wink:
June 8, 2007 11:02:25 PM

XMS2 are for OC because of the heatspreader, but in this days, most
memory comes with heatspreaders.

But really if you want to OC, dont buy neither of those, there are better options. Depens on what you are looking for and your waller.
June 9, 2007 12:11:19 AM

no matter how much you beg im not replying
June 9, 2007 10:44:31 AM

Quote:

Aw but you already did! Fail !

Anyways, he has admited his mistake, it's not right to keep picking on him because of that.
Have fun on thg forums till they explode one day!
June 9, 2007 4:30:01 PM

Quote:

Aw but you already did! Fail !

Anyways, he has admited his mistake, it's not right to keep picking on him because of that.
Have fun on thg forums till they explode one day!

I hope they dont, they've become part of my life! :roll:
December 31, 2013 5:28:47 PM

for memory upgrade not much. ddr2 is too outdated, we've been using ddr3 for 3 years now, build a new system instead.
!