Sign in with
Your question

What do you think about this case? its AWESOME! ICUTE!

Last response: in Components
June 7, 2007 4:35:53 PM

ICute is famous in asia and i think in aus. They make good cases for cheap prices. Look at this case im considering:
http://icute.com.tw/english/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=3...
ICute S901-4GA-BB
It has all the things of a performance case.:
Open mesh front design
12cm intake fan front
12cm fan on side panel + 12cm duct
12cm rear exhaust

AWESOME! and in hong kong it goes for around USD$38.5 no joke!!

More about : case awesome icute

June 7, 2007 5:26:12 PM

What do you think of the one with the 25cm side fan :) 
June 7, 2007 5:30:57 PM

That case is basically the same design as the Aerocool ExtremEngine 3T with a different front design. Interiors, fan placement, bezel as well as the fan hole pattern in the back are all identical.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

edit: The one with the 25cm fan on the side, that is.
Related resources
June 7, 2007 7:32:30 PM

I think i'd rather take the AeroCool.
It just sounds better sitting on my desk, than an "iCute"
ipod branding has gone too far, my workstation is better off with the "iStapler"
June 8, 2007 10:17:52 AM

Most chassis manufacturers have that kind of designs for their chassis, and i personally dont like 'iCute'. Sounds abit ***? =x
June 8, 2007 10:49:05 AM

I was contemplating picking up one of ICute's cases quite similar to the one you linked a few months ago, but opted to venture into the SFF world instead.

I do have one ICute case from before though, which is housing my 3700+ 939 rig ... only case i've had to date (i'm too poor to buy expensive antec/lian li etc cases ^^) which gives sufficient enough airflow for a good overclock. Got my 3700+ running at 2.86GHz on an ASRock 939Dual Sata2 motherboard - benchmarks slightly higher than the FX57 ^^ not bad for a (at the time) £150 cpu and a £30 case :D 

If anyone wants to try and find ICute cases in the UK, the most reliable place i've found to have a selection in stock is Maplin
June 8, 2007 2:24:42 PM

okay,
No.1 Are you really going to let a tiny badge stamp stuck on the front throw you off? Is 'Aerocool' that much better?
No.2 I think the ICute case with side panel window looks tonnes better than the aerocool, or cases in general these days. Its just my taste, i want something of simple design, functional and stylish. It portrays what computers are, a box. All these with aeroplane engines are just silly to me. i understand if someone works in the aviation industry =) I also hate flaps on front cases! why the need? they are so annoying to pull open, whenever u need to open cd bay or turn power on. I feel that the icute case is clean and cool. I like full mesh fronts too!

Going for USD$38 i'd say its a diamond in the rough.
June 8, 2007 3:00:19 PM

Personally, I think they look pretty poor.
June 8, 2007 5:42:05 PM

Quote:
okay,
No.1 Are you really going to let a tiny badge stamp stuck on the front throw you off? Is 'Aerocool' that much better?

Yes
Quote:
No.2 I think the ICute case with side panel window looks tonnes better than the aerocool, or cases in general these days. Its just my taste, i want something of simple design, functional and stylish. It portrays what computers are, a box. I feel that the icute case is clean and cool. I like full mesh fronts too!

You're kidding right?
Then why not go for the Coolermaster Elite 330?
Full mesh front, no front door panels, 120mm front and rear fan mounts, best of all no girly name! $40 at the Egg, throw in a $10 rebate for fun.
June 9, 2007 7:12:37 PM

i dont mean to sound rude, however that is a gastly case, it could have a million 220mm fans, doesnt make it good. Icute whats that a new beenie baby?

to be frank this is just another mimic SECC (cheap) case copying the design of the alimium case guru's like coolermarster (in this case, no pun intended) or Lian Li

25mm fans are imensely over rated, all they do id blow air away form the CPU cooler, fisrtly the biggest CPU coolers are only 12mm, and secondly it complete disrupt the carefully thought out air path, mean the cold air entering the case is blown out before it gets to the GPU and even RAM modules.

sorry
June 9, 2007 7:21:06 PM

Quote:
okay,
No.2 I think the ICute case with side panel window looks tonnes better than the aerocool, or cases in general these days. Its just my taste, i want something of simple design, functional and stylish. It portrays what computers are, a box. All these with aeroplane engines are just silly to me. i understand if someone works in the aviation industry =) I also hate flaps on front cases! why the need? they are so annoying to pull open, whenever u need to open cd bay or turn power on. I feel that the icute case is clean and cool. I like full mesh fronts too!

i would say you've been drink watercooling coolent or artic silver. These are anything but simple clean looking cases, there momterous.

by any chance do you work for "iCute", its worth paying for good cases.
June 11, 2007 1:33:47 AM

Ugh.....

Oh and I'm from aus and thats all I can say.
June 11, 2007 2:40:27 AM

Quote:
ipod branding has gone too far, my workstation is better off with the "iStapler"

I agree. No self-respect person (guy or girl) would have a case called "iCute". It's just the pricipal of it.
June 12, 2007 3:13:03 PM

I dunno, I guess i'm the kind of practical person. I feel its an excellent design, and has a phenomenal price for it. (38USD) I really would think it would be a different situation if it was badged with thermaltake or coolermaster. If those companies would make this exact same case, you guys might think different. Thermaltake or coolermaster had to start off somewhere too, as startup small companies. I feel "iCute" is no different. So what the brand name sucks? people in asia still don't get the idea, i see loads of screwed up product names before. It never made me change my mind on a good product. Every design aspect of this case makes sense to me. The power button and usb panel is out of the way of airflow, not restricting it. Its a simple and smart design to position it on the side of the front panel. This case seriously has a full front mesh that way, from top to bottom as if one complete permeable membrane! Anyway its just me, I love the design. I couldnt tell you much about the quality of build however, until i buy it.

I'm also getting the clear window without the 25cm fan. Its unnecessary, doesnt come with a window and messes up airflow inside the case. the window case also can come with fans mounted on the side so it can bring cool fresh air to the cpu and gpu. Only thing i dont like is theres no firewire access port on the front.

I'm getting the black one.
June 12, 2007 4:18:01 PM

Quote:

iCute is a famous Asian brand. They produce cheap but somewhat 'better' quality products such as casings (most of them I can tell, were mimicry of the more famous Thermaltake, Cooler Master, Lian Li etc casings) and PSUs compared to some no brand PSUs and casings. For some poor Asian, iCute are their alternatives. As for the name "iCute" itself, they were created long before iPod were born. I'm not siding them/ being a fanboy, it's just I don't really like some sort of 'accusation' (not saying you accuse them used iPod branding) without you know much about them.
June 12, 2007 5:16:09 PM

Does anyone here have one of these cases? I want to know about build quality? Does it feel cheap? I used to run a computer business and had some cases that I couldn't keep in, because they looked great, they always sold out. But to be honest I didn't like them, the build quality was horrid, I mean a case is a case, but these things could have been picked up with one finger (obviously sans PSU). And the 400W PSU's that came in them where very low quality. I would pirate a case every now and then and take the PSU out and use it for myself until the third one burned out on me and I ended up buying a Antec PSU. I loved the cases from a seller's standpoint as I could buy them for $24 and I would sell them for $60 and people would buy them as fast as they came in. Like others here, I feel the design of these, well at least the windowed ones, is quite good. Whether it is a thermaltake, coolermaster, or Lian Li rip off is of no concern to me if I can get a well designed, well built case for a cheap price. That is simply the nature of a democratic economy. If no one has one yet, chikit, when you get yours will you give us the real scoop on these? Maybe some pics too if you don't mind. Thanks.
June 13, 2007 4:34:11 PM

my pleasure. I don't mind being the guinea pig if its going to benefit many others on this site. I have however, can tell you I have bought a case from iCute before. One of the older designs. I can tell you the quality of that one was pretty up to standard. Had everything I needed, strong sturdy case yet not too heavy? I don't see any problems whatsoever with these cases. Until I find one, I'll let you guys know about it :wink: . The one I bought has 6 case fans! 4 x80mm front and 2 x80mm rear now, i was a noob back then and i just thought the more the better. To be honest these fans aren't that noisy. They are the loudest component of my rig, but its seriously bearable.. more like a soft quiet whisper/humming. I've learned my lesson though and to go for less fans, but bigger ones (12cm). Definately when I buy it and set it up ill post pics.

Thanks all for your inputs! (negative ones too)
June 13, 2007 4:39:35 PM

Glad to hear you had good past experience. IF this case works out it will take about $80 off of how much I was planning on spending on a case for my new system. Good luck.
June 13, 2007 5:51:33 PM

I must say that 330 is a nice case. Just built a cheapo system with it and I really like it for the price.
June 13, 2007 6:47:28 PM

Man, i dunno about you guys, but this thread has marketing written all over it.

June 13, 2007 6:52:18 PM

Quote:

ipwn
!