Applications forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob rodriguez

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
the problem that i am having on my computer is my start button that has the date and time moved from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen can some one help me with my problem?

It's not really a problem, you were just clicking and dragging the toolbar like it was made to do. It's a bit tough to do this accidentally, you may need to go to mouse using school ;)

jacob rodriguez

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
that is funny but what happened was my taskbar is usually at the bottom of my screen about three weeks ago i turned on my computor and the taskbar was stuck at the top of my screen i do not what unstuck the taskbar but i was able to drag it back down i do have a replacement hard drive and motherboard it seems to me my computer is working fine.

jacob rodriguez

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
hang-the-9 i forgot to tell you i have a gatway 842 GM media center intel pentium4 computer i replaced my hard drive and motherboard about a year ago i have not noticed my computer running hard or any thing strange with my computer.

jacob rodriguez

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
I forgot to ask you if you know if there is a way to get rid of some message's that i have been trying to get rid of they are telling me local area connection 3 network cable un plugged firewalled pantech UM185 WWAN driver and the other says local area connection 6 network cable unplugged firewalled intel(R) pro/100 VE newtwork i used to have high speed internet before but now i have a portable broadband modem please reply as soon as you can.

Go into the network connections. It will list each of the connections that are setup. You should see your connection, and it should say connected underneath it. The other connections listed, may say 'cable unplugged' underneath them. You can right click and disable them, or simply delete them if you don't want them.

jacob rodriguez

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
when i go into device manager i have checked under modems there are two modems listed the first is pantech um185 the second one is pci soft data fax modem with smartCP now under network adapters there is three listed the first is 1394 net adapter the second is intel(R) PRO/100 VE network connection the third is pantech um 185 WWAN driver now under network connections it says dial-up cricket broadband connection connected,firewalled pantech um185 beneath that it says lan or high-speed internet it says local area connection 3 network cable unplugged,firewalled pantech um185 WWAN driver next to that is 1394 connection connected,firewalled 1394 net adapter and next to that there is local area connection 6 network cable unplugged,firewalled intel(R) PRO/100 VE network connection i have tryed to disable or delete the ones that are not connected but it will not allow me to do that.

The 1394 connection is fine.

Local area connection 3 and local area connection 6 are likely the ones giving the messages. What options do you have when you right click on them? If delete or disable isn't listed, just click on them and hit the delete button.

jacob rodriguez

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
if i disable or delete the ones that are not connected will i still have a connection to the internet is there any way that i can use something different than the 1394 adapter and the soft data fax modem with smart cp and the intel pro/100 ve network connection.

You aren't using the disconnected connections, so deleting them won't cause any harm. They are likely old connections, or an oops. If you aren't using the fax modem for a connection, you could disable that one as well. You can always re-enable the connection later if you'd like.

jacob rodriguez

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
before having my portable broadband modem i used to have high speed internet through qwest i had it connected to my computer with a router but the router was not working corretly and before having the high speed internet i used to have dial up does that have something to do with what is happening.

jacob rodriguez

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
i do not understand what is going on with my computer i delete the pci soft data fax modem with smart cp and the intel pro/100 ve connection and the 1394 net adapter or any of those or all of those i do not get a connection to the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.