Need an efficient and massive mp3 tag editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

malavena

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I have a massive collection of MP3s. Some have been ripped more than once. When I use library programs such as Winamp, MediaPortal, WMP, etc. I often find MP3s that belong to the same author, but scattered along typo'ed names, such as:

The Beatles
Teh Beatles
The Beetles
The Betlaes

etc.

Back in older versions of WMP I could drag a lot of songs into an artist and all of them would be retagged. I worked also with things such as the style, album, etc. But that option is either lost or unusable in latest versions of WMP.

All I've found in my searches are tag editors that work in a directory fashion or programs that match the MP3 against a database to identify them, with results that range from impressive to awkward.

What do you recommend?

DVG

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
If you use iTunes you could just do Ctrl and click all the artist or albums you want to be the same and then right click>Get Info and change the artist to whatever you want them all to be.
That works for me whenever I run into that problem.

green gaint

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I Have lots of music 110gb i have lots of unknown artist and album along with artwork. I just post a forum selecting a music organizer help. I want a software to do it all for me, u can use wmp one by one fixing your music but i don't have months to work with. i will try mp3tag to see if there is a free trial.

green gaint

Distinguished
May 12, 2009

Does the mp3tag find all information for you or do u manually have to input the info.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009

It has multiple tag sources: amazon.com, freedb, MusicBrainz and one or two more I believe. It's also free.

Status
Not open for further replies.