godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, I own(ed) a OEM Product Key sticker that was stick down by brown tape to the Vista Case. I "attempted" to take it off so I can stick it up side the PC, but failed and ripped it in half. (well, several halfs.)

How do I get a replacment? Is it possible? Thanks.

That is extremely odd... OEM copies should have product key stickers that are very easy to remove, since it is a requirement of OEM licenses that the stickers be stuck to the case.

You did install Vista before attempting to remove the sticker I hope?

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Well, oddly enough, I can see through the brown tape when you put it upto some light so I managed to write down the key. But I was building a PC for someone and It would have been nice to have the key upside the case. Its how I do all my PC builds.

So I take it there is no way of asking Microsoft to resend one huh?

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Ahh, screw that. 45 minutes on the phone to recieve a simple "please email [so and so] department"

But as the other guy says, I doubt it. Becuase they'll have to "reprint" the whole product key on a different lable which means stopping all the print machines just to print this one, take it out and ship it to me.

Sounds... stupid.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Really? Well thats good. But if its going to cost anything, I still wouldn't go for it. I've already built the machine and passed it on, but it was worth a try.