Problems setting Up Network

buffdaddy110

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2005
I have my main computer and two other computers that hook up to the internet through a netgear WPN311 wireless router. I just built a new computer and for some reason I can't get my network set up. I had so many problems I even reformatted again hoping it would help, but it didn't. When I set up the network it installed an internet gateway in my network setting, and when I try to run the network wizard it says it can't complete wizard. I need to get rid of the internet gateway, and start from scratch, but I don't know how.

buffdaddy110

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2005
Every time I run the network wizard it gives me a cannot complete wizard message. I've had wireless networking for years, and this is the first time I've had this many problems. On top of all this it tries to enable the windows firewall everytime I run the wizard, which I don't recall happening in the past.

buffdaddy110

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2005
I reset my router hoping it would remove it from network connections as a residential gateway. Luckily this reset everything back to normal, and I was finally able to get the network up and running again.