Sign in with
Your question

BIOS has OC feature, but wont let me use it!

Tags:
  • BIOS
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
June 7, 2007 11:34:05 PM

So I just built a new system and everything is running fine. I thought I might give my system a bit of a boost by overclocking the CPU. The mobo I purchased, is the Intel D975XBX2 and the CPU is a E6420. When I go to set the OC settings, I restart the system and I get a message that says "The system did not post for, maybe from changes made in the BIOS. Press "Y' to make changes, or "N" to try and reboot with previous settingd. I have googled all kinds ot tutorials and nothing seems to be working. I have changed the speed of my RAM to accomodate the FSB and STILL nothing. Even if I try and budge the Mhz from 266 (stock) to 267, I get the message. And yes, I have update the BIOS to the newest version.

Any suggestions?

More about : bios feature wont

June 8, 2007 4:36:42 PM

Hmmm, no answers forthcoming, I don't know you're board so consider this more of a bump than good advice.

Googling around a bit it seams that others have had to disable some feature called "watchdog" to overclock on that board. This is accessed when you boot to the bios in "maintenance mode". According to the manual you need to set a jumper to position (2-3) to access the maintenance mode.

Quote:
Configure (2-3) After the Power-On Self-Test (POST) runs, the
BIOS displays the Maintenance Menu. Use this
menu to clear passwords.
June 8, 2007 8:23:56 PM

oh drat!

Well I finally got it to OC...sort of. Ihave clocked now at a 2.4, yet in BIOS, I have set to a 3.0. Very strange. It may be too much of a hassle to OC the CPU...I do appreciate the feedback!
Related resources
June 8, 2007 8:37:53 PM

make sure you've disabled eist and c1e
June 11, 2007 2:47:43 PM

So I followed everyones instructions on here...and it worked! I got that guy overcloced at 3 GHz with the stock fan and everything is stable; RAM and CPU are measured at 1:1 as well. I do appreciate all the help, folks!
June 11, 2007 5:46:52 PM

glad to help, gl
November 17, 2007 7:08:20 PM

jaeelarr said:
So I followed everyones instructions on here...and it worked! I got that guy overcloced at 3 GHz with the stock fan and everything is stable; RAM and CPU are measured at 1:1 as well. I do appreciate all the help, folks!

Hi there.
Sorry but I'm very new at OC'ing. But it seems that every time I try to up the FSB even a little bit I get a post error sending back to the bios.
I've gon in and disabled watchdog and EIST but still no luck
is there somthing completely obvious I may have missed?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
!