Remove prog from Add/Remove?

Hi all. I uninstalled a program, but it is still showing up in Control
Panel/Add or Remove Software. Isn't there a way to remove items from this
listing? I thought it was in TweakUI, but I don't see it.
Thanks.

How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add or Remove Programs Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314481

Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AddRemove.htm

Lots of info on Add or Remove Programs here
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3ge364FbunbqU1@individual.net,
LMO <lmo01nospam@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi all. I uninstalled a program, but it is still showing up in Control
> Panel/Add or Remove Software. Isn't there a way to remove items from this
> listing? I thought it was in TweakUI, but I don't see it.
> Thanks.

Try using the MS installer cleanup util here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
This only works for progs installed using the ms installer, anything that
uses another installer (Install shield etc) will have to be removed
manually.