No sound in Quake3 in Linux

I'm running Slackware 10, with ALSA. but i have no sound in the game.
My sound does work in KDE, the Quake3 Console says:
/dev/dsp Device not found.

anyone?

graeme

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:40:04 +0200, Marco Louter wrote:

> I'm running Slackware 10, with ALSA. but i have no sound in the game.
> My sound does work in KDE, the Quake3 Console says:
> /dev/dsp Device not found.
>
> anyone?

See what device KDE is using, then sym link /dev/dsp to it.

mack

I had same problem will try the symlink had not even thought of that???
Frontal lobes of brain not working for long time now so I go eat wild beasts
of plains.
"Graeme" <www.rillion.net@no.spam.wanted> wrote in message
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:40:04 +0200, Marco Louter wrote:
>
> > I'm running Slackware 10, with ALSA. but i have no sound in the game.
> > My sound does work in KDE, the Quake3 Console says:
> > /dev/dsp Device not found.
> >
> > anyone?
>
> See what device KDE is using, then sym link /dev/dsp to it.

ravage

Marco Louter wrote:

> I'm running Slackware 10, with ALSA. but i have no sound in the game.
> My sound does work in KDE, the Quake3 Console says:
> /dev/dsp Device not found.
>
> anyone?

quake3 uses oss for sound
enable oss emulation in your kernel