AMD puts out Phenom teaser

Valdis

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
in a long time , maybe ill watch f1. but its probably going to be some kind unimportant publicity thing anyway

MrMr

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
I live in Montreal. I can go check it out. I'm sure that it'll be something impressive.. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say they painted Phenom Teaser on a car. WOW that would be coooool :roll:

xpresso

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
YAWN

a teaser is not the right word :? as AMD's processors are best fit for mainstream computing and no longer leading edge, AMD ceased to be relevant at the high end since C2Q release. I would say a Nehalem teaser would really torture me at this point :D

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
YAWN

a teaser is not the right word :? as AMD's processors are best fit for mainstream computing and no longer leading edge, AMD ceased to be relevant at the high end since C2Q release. I would say a Nehalem teaser would really torture me at this point :D

I only use serverchips in my game builds anyhow...I don't really care who's company makes them.

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40181

In Montreal, June 10th, right after Computex, something is going to happen. Heh.
....you call this a teaser?

not to be offensive, but somehow i found Pov-Ray benchmarking more teaser-ish then this.

the_vorlon

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Something wonderful?

Oh my God! - It's full of stars!

15816340874659396ff2722.jpg

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
I'd be more interested in the F1 cars than the CPUs if I go there. For their sake I hope they paint AMD PHENOM on the winning car. That way they can say it's faster than the rest... :lol:

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
hmm, dont know you guys but that reminds me of the high end "ferrari" and similar portable computers...

what if they announce deals & stuff regarding phenom & stuff like that, who knows, but yeah...
if its just a car paint it willbe very annoying XD

neblogai

Distinguished
AMD is supporter of Ferrari racing team, and of cource both 2 racing cars have AMD logos. So Phenom logos would appear on both of them. Now, Monreal circuit is said to be built for Ferrari, as they are ussully very strong here, and their drivers- Raikonen is tallented, and Masa also seams to have learned how to drive. I'd say, it is at least 50% chance of Ferrari winning the race. Their closest competitors (and winning the championship right now) are McLaren Mercedes, But also, not as away far as others, are BMW Sauber team, which is sponsored by HP and INTEL:) My bets would be, 50% chance for Ferrari win, 40%- for McLaren, 5% for BMW, and 5% for others

G

The weekend is already Phenooomenal in Montreal, even with so so weather. Let's see if AMD can make it better =)

wingless

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
I've decided that regardless of how much slower or faster Phenom is compared to Intel I'll still buy one. I like the features of AMD platforms and the Phenom will still far exceed my needs. If youre a true AMD fanboy then go ahead and support your company this round so they will have reason to bring out more improvements later on. I think there is light at the end of this long dark ass tunnel.