tomwaddle

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I know this is for homebuilt questions but this section is best suited than the others.
Other than Ebay, can you recommend websites that sell used or refurbished PCs (other than the vendor websites)?

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
where are you located tom?

the site i linked is in CA, if your out of state id prob go somewhere else but if you are in or close to CA, recycom usually has some killer deals on laptops and PC's.

tomwaddle

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I'm currently out of the state so it'd have to be someone willing to ship overseas. I find too many people on ebay that only want to ship within the states.

tomwaddle

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
here's my problem: I have a feeling I'm gonna get nailed for shipping twice: once to send it here and once to send it back. Or, I could buy a brand new laptop on post for under a $1000 (although I doubt at that price, it'll have 2gig of ram in it).
My reason for the purchase, whether a used pc or buying a laptop will be to use virtual pc software so I can become more familiar with server O/S' and other O/S' outside of MS.
The more I think about it, a new laptop may be the better way to go. What do you guys think?

one thing I didn't think about is whether virtual server, virtual pc, or other types of software run on Vista. I'd guess they'd run on MCE but maybe not Vista. I'll take your toughts on that as well

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
Buy a new one. 2 gigs will be a hard one to find used, I bought new at Christmas and only got 1 gb. Still I like my Dell, they ship anywhere and have 24/7 worldwide, half the time from India. Mine is a small business model, anybody can get one, just need a name to put on the company line.