New Asus mobos have ram cooling!

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
true it may have a heatsink located around the dims. But keep in mind that can block airflow as well. So if there isn't much airflow in the system it can actually turn out to be worse.

Silviastud

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
Those heat pipes are not for the ram modules. It just connects the top mofset to the larger NB heatsink. I bought Thermalright coolers for both my mofsets anyways. I'm just water cooling my NB and bought a nice SB block.

I don't like heat pipes personally.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I think this is a really crappy attempt to cool the ram and in fact I wonder if the heat from the much hotter parts that are connected would not HEAT the Ram up rather than cool it.

If you want real air cooling via heat pipes and HS's on your RAM which really works the best, the only real way to go is Thermalright.

In fact if you want the best air cooling for CPU/GPU/RAM/MB chipsets/voltage regulators then Thermalright is the answere.

It has been shown that Thermalright MB coolers work far better than the heatpipe coolers that all the MB companys provide with their products.

Silviastud

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
I think this is a really crappy attempt to cool the ram and in fact I wonder if the heat from the much hotter parts that are connected would not HEAT the Ram up rather than cool it.

If you want real air cooling via heat pipes and HS's on your RAM which really works the best, the only real way to go is Thermalright.

In fact if you want the best air cooling for CPU/GPU/RAM/MB chipsets/voltage regulators then Thermalright is the answere.

It has been shown that Thermalright MB coolers work far better than the heatpipe coolers that all the MB companys provide with their products.

These heatpipes are not for cooling the RAM!

Latest posts