Event Viewer ID 41 - Kernel Power

marky88

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hey, I am having this problem for about a week, however I, nor others could solve this so far.
My knowledge is too limited so here it goes:

Event Viewer
Critical
ID 41
Source Kernel-Power
Task Category (63)

Infrequent occurance, usually once or twice a day - now it just occured twice in about 3 hours.
Doesn't matter if i am running any applications or if i am just idling at the desktop.

Specs:

CPU: I5-750
GCard: GTX 570
Motherboard: GA-P55M-UD2
Ram: 4x 2GB Kingston 1333

Thanks in advance,

Mark

marky88

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hey,

CPU OC'ed from 2,66 up to 3,6 - stable 40-45 degrees no Prime errors either.
Gcard not overclocked
PSU: OCZ Stealth extream 600w (http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-600w-stealthxstream-power-supply-eol.html) link to it
Ram: 9-9-9-24 channels, both slots - slight voltage increase from 1500 up to 1580 due to prime errors before after overclocking, now runs fine. Kingston also is supposed to endure up to 1640 without any issues at all.

HDD: About 2 weeks old Western Digital 1TB Model: WD1003FBYX-01Y7B0, standard bios settings.

Haven't tried much, been linked to several topics but those weren't related to mine - or didn't help, such as troubleshooting (...), several AMD-only bios errors and yeah well, tried downclocking the voltage for the CPU and Ram, even tho Prime proved it to be stable, which again wasn't necessary apperently.

I'm not too good with errors so no idea how to continue from this point on.

Regards,

Mark

That error just means that the computer had an unexpected shut down. It's not very helpful as to why.

Have you ran memtest?

Made sure all your drivers are up to date?

You may want to go back to default BIOS settings for a while, and see if it's more stable.