NBC-HD OTA from NYC: What channel?

Last response: in Home Theatre
January 27, 2005 10:08:14 PM

I am trying to find NBC HD OTA using my Silver Sensor antenna (I highly
recommend it) in Nassau, but the Sony set (55" XS - also highly recommended)
scans and finds nothing. It found CBS, ABC, WOR, even New Jersey, but not
NBC. Exactly what subchannel are they using? Are they not broadcasting
yet, broadcasting sporadically, or sending out a weakened signal until a new
antenna is built? Thank you very much.

More about : nbc ota nyc channel

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 10:08:15 PM

Go to Antenna Web at:

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Put in your zip code and it will give you frequencies and direction.

IB

S.P. wrote:
> I am trying to find NBC HD OTA using my Silver Sensor antenna (I
highly
> recommend it) in Nassau, but the Sony set (55" XS - also highly
recommended)
> scans and finds nothing. It found CBS, ABC, WOR, even New Jersey,
but not
> NBC. Exactly what subchannel are they using? Are they not
broadcasting
> yet, broadcasting sporadically, or sending out a weakened signal
until a new
> antenna is built? Thank you very much.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 6:16:22 PM

In news:6Nudnd_yusHyH2TcRVn-pg@giganews.com,
S.P. <schmartypantz@yahooooo.com> typed:
> I am trying to find NBC HD OTA using my Silver Sensor antenna (I
> highly recommend it) in Nassau, but the Sony set (55" XS - also
> highly recommended) scans and finds nothing. It found CBS, ABC, WOR,
> even New Jersey, but not NBC. Exactly what subchannel are they
> using? Are they not broadcasting yet, broadcasting sporadically, or
> sending out a weakened signal until a new antenna is built? Thank
> you very much.

New York
WNBC-DT 28

Philadelphia
WCAU-DT 67

I'd check nbc.com to see if there are any other NBC affiliates you can try.
I live in Dover Delaware about equal distant (64 miles) from WCAU as you are
and I can get it with a shitty RatShack flying saucer in the attic.

Good luck ;-)
!