Sign in with
Your question

How can i access dos in full screen mode in windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
August 10, 2011 5:04:24 PM
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2011 7:34:19 PM

Go to command prompt from the start menu, right click on properties.
Then enable the full screen option (you can change text and background colors too)
Alternative: hit Alt+Enter
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2011 7:49:10 PM

afaik Alt+Enter does nothing under win7
there's no full screen in properties either, you can just adjust the width and height of window

long story short, windows doesn't have/need full screen dos window. even if you reboot in safe mode with command prompt it will still be only a window.

so the better question would be, what is the purpose for you having it in full screen?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2011 4:04:41 AM

yeah, win7 doesn't support Alt+enter for full screen. Just found out another way.
Go to command prompt from the start menu, then click on properties.
On the top click on the "Layout" tab
Under "Screen buffer size" and "Windows size", type in the native resolution for your monitor.
Hit apply and OK.
Open up command prompt and viola! full screen

e.g. 1920x1200
1920=Height
1200=Width
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2011 4:00:35 PM

LOL not really full screen but close enough
m
l
August 27, 2011 12:00:18 AM

Obviously some of you kids do not understand the full power of DOS and DOS based programs which operate in full screen. Some of which helped design the equipment running in gas production facilities around the world. It's a sad day when someone's needs are laughed off by those that don't understand rewrites of some programs by an older generation trying to help are just not worth the time and the price of gasoline. As a result fuel costs witll go up and thus food and most everything else will rise because of such attitudes. Go ahead laugh and don't really help. Alt/enter should do what it always did. IBM's philosophy on mainframes is to make things backwards compatible. Look forward to a world of Androids and no engineering software because those that knew how either died or stopped caring. Oh well... I'm with the guy that asked for a real solution up front as I'm in the same boat... but then, I'm starting not to care.
m
l
!