How can i go back to using 2 processors ?

victor184

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Anyways guys like half an hour ago i was using 2 processors...run/msconfig/boot.ini then /NUMPROC=1 mine was at 2 so i switched it to 1 to see how my game runs it was no difference.. now i want to go back to 2 processors but i dont see number 2 options in /NUMPROC only 1 how do i go back to using 2 processors ? :(

Thavion Hawk

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
I don't know if it will work for you as I tried it and it faled to help me do to acualy having killed one of my cores, but you could try tun uninstall the kernel driver for your CPU and let windows install the basic Dual core kernel driver again... I don't know how it all works but normally windows XP auto selects the proper Kernel for the CPU be it Dual or Mono core and changing it after its installed can cos problems. After my CPU cooked off a core I had to reinstall and use only the one core until I got a replacement.

victor184

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009

Hey Thavion Hawk i really do appreaciate ure responce buddy thanks... but how would i just uninstall the kernel driver for my cpu and then let windows install the basic dual core kernel driver again... do u mean install windows again and delte my partition ???

TRENDING THREADS