Sign in with
Your question

Phenom to surface in Montreal?

Last response: in CPUs
June 8, 2007 11:18:40 AM

An AMD web page implies that the Phenom processors will be announced on June 10 in Montreal. I was wondering why AMD was pushing server and there are no HT3 server chipsets yet.

790G is everywhere with at least 5 mobos shown off at Computex.

Anyway,
Linakge!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2007 2:13:43 PM

Want me to go check it out?

This is F1 weekend in montreal, anything to do with that?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 8, 2007 3:49:06 PM

Yup, Montreal, and apparently Celine Dione will get the festivities going, although I am not sure unleasing the new AMD processor to the the tunes of the Titanic queen is a good idea :lol: 
June 8, 2007 4:38:42 PM

I´m curious whether she sings "My development will go on" or "My delays will go on"... 8O
June 8, 2007 4:58:02 PM

Quote:
Yup, Montreal, and apparently Celine Dione will get the festivities going, although I am not sure unleasing the new AMD processor to the the tunes of the Titanic queen is a good idea :lol: 

Why not the Itanic is Intel's chip. Opteron basically sunk that. If Barcelona is as good as they say, i twill really move Itanium to the background.
June 8, 2007 6:10:26 PM

Quote:

Why not the Itanic is Intel's chip. Opteron basically sunk that. If Barcelona is as good as they say, i twill really move Itanium to the background.

Deleted
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2007 6:23:43 PM

Lol nice one with celine, I also heard that Cirque Du Soleil would have a special show with a special Guest, Henry Richard and that he would be the clown...

Can't wait for sunday, will post pics =Þ
June 8, 2007 7:21:11 PM

better then emmerdale on these forums i swear :lol:  popcorn anyone ?
June 8, 2007 8:23:09 PM

Quote:

do you have orgasms when you make those idiotic statements?

Excuse me? You can head out with Jack and the rest if that's the kind of comment you'll leave. There was just a post here that showed Opteron spanking Itanium. Opteron OWNS 4P.

how about me spanking your brain, if there is one to be spanked

and BTW although Jack is gone, I am still here, so watch it, no FUDing my "dear" baron.

Let's see how long you last. Probably not very. People like you are not wanted here. Jack is supposedly posting at xcpus.com

Be gone. The Brood Queen awaits you.

you have no right to speak about Jack like that, he humiliated you on so many occasions I lost the count of it, you dont have what it takes to defeat tthat man , even a fly has more brain cells than you do. On so many occasions he explained to you why you were wrong but no matter what he said you wouldnt or couldnt understand, I wonder if your real problem is some genetic disorder wich affects your brain, I mean the way you perceive the world around you and the way to react to opposition.
oh well , the Gauss curb line shows us that a small percentage are very very smart and also a small percentage are dumb, I think everybody on this forum knows in which category you stand , my "dear" baron.
June 8, 2007 8:23:44 PM

Quote:

Please don't encourage them to stay off-topic. This post is about the possible appearance of Phenom, not a "post your best AMD joke" post.
June 8, 2007 8:26:33 PM

Quote:
An AMD web page implies that the Phenom processors will be announced on June 10 in Montreal.
AMD will hint in a way that suggests they may allow a chosen few to unofficially speculate off the record about an off the cuff remark that intimates towards them releasing a CPU at some point in time, or not.

If you zoom in on the Ferrari logo in the photo on the page that you linked to and process it using a complex set of Photoshop filtering, it shows the logo:

Absolutely Massively Delayed.
June 8, 2007 8:27:08 PM

Quote:

Please don't encourage them to stay off-topic. This post is about the possible appearance of Phenom, not a "post your best AMD joke" post.

But why not baron? AMD has become a JOKE
June 8, 2007 8:28:56 PM

Me think AMD will sponsor one of the F1 race car so what people will see will be AMD decal (or AMD Phenom decal) on one of the race cars.

ALL HAIL COREOPOPLY
June 8, 2007 8:30:22 PM

Quote:

That's because of your seeming strange attraction to Ottellini's posterior. If you want to make jokes, make jokes in a joke post. If not, then stay out. Everything you do I will report.
June 8, 2007 8:32:31 PM

Quote:
you have no right to speak about Jack like that, he humiliated you on so many occasions I lost the count of it, you dont have what it takes to defeat tthat man , even a fly has more brain cells than you do. On so many occasions he explained to you why you were wrong but no matter what he said you wouldnt or couldnt understand, I wonder if your real problem is some genetic disorder wich affects your brain, I mean the way you perceive the world around you and the way to react to opposition.
oh well , the Gauss curb line shows us that a small percentage are very very smart and also a small percentage are dumb, I think everybody on this forum knows in which category you stand , my "dear" baron.

Maybe you should view the thread started by Ninja on his blog. What you'll see is a bunch of name-callers with obvious delusions of grandeur.

Like I said, you can go and post where your hero is. Then you don't have to worry about me or my intellectual level.
June 8, 2007 8:36:03 PM

Quote:

Maybe you should view the thread started by Ninja on his blog. What you'll see is a bunch of name-callers with obvious delusions of grandeur.

Like I said, you can go and post where your hero is. Then you don't have to worry about me or my intellectual level.

I am not worried about your intellectual level, but I am worried for this forum getting FUD from you.
June 8, 2007 8:37:40 PM

Quote:

That's because of your seeming strange attraction to Ottellini's posterior. If you want to make jokes, make jokes in a joke post. If not, then stay out. Everything you do I will report.

YOU WILL REPORT?
I never thought of you as a Gestapo bitch
June 8, 2007 8:41:16 PM

If you really care about the forum and or spreaded FUD counter it with facts and not personal attacks or fanboiism of bygone posters. It's getting quite annoying.
Not defending baron but my personal enjoyment of debates and info.
TY

*edit* Also, Baron, don't take so much pride in getting rid of someone from the forum. People don't take kindly to such provocation
June 8, 2007 8:45:07 PM

Quote:
If you really care about the forum and or spreaded FUD counter it with facts and not personal attacks or fanboiism of bygone posters. It's getting quite annoying.
TY

Jack countered him with facts and it didnt work, he is just plain stupid, he is a lost case, natures joke towards humanity.
June 8, 2007 8:48:22 PM

BaronMatrix starts a legitimate post that may interest some people and then the kids come then gang up. Please some of you grow up and your the only people who should leave. BM has posted some great posts on this forum and has contributed alot. Just a note if this 'Jack' poster was so great and TGFORUMZ is not the same any more then leave and post on the forum they have gone too its not rocket science really.
June 8, 2007 8:49:20 PM

From what i saw Jack left on his own and was a grown man. I see no need for you to pick up a selfadmitted lost cause. If he is crossing the line report him, if not leave him be i guess.
June 8, 2007 8:54:10 PM

Quote:
From what i saw Jack left on his own and was a grown man. I see no need for you to pick up a selfadmitted lost cause. If he is crossing the line report him, if not leave him be i guess.

I will let him, as i said, he is a lost case.

and now to respond to: "SpeedBird"
I see you joined this forum less than 2 months ago, I suggest you start talking about Jack when you know some of this forums history , boy.
June 8, 2007 9:01:16 PM

I couldn't care less about this poster 'Jack' to be honest and I really don't care what you think about my post count or the fact I have joined recently. If you think this poster contributed loads and its a loss to you they have left then leave and Join the forum 'Jack' is posting on.
June 8, 2007 9:10:43 PM

Quote:
I couldn't care less about this poster 'Jack' to be honest and I really don't care what you think about my post count or the fact I have joined recently. If you think this poster contributed loads and its a loss to you they have left then leave and Join the forum 'Jack' is posting on.

and just who are you to tell me what should I do?
and is not about your post count, as you may see I to dont have that much, but is about the time you are in here and that I was lucky to see in action top posters like Jack, Wusy, Crashman, Verndewd and many others, now most of them are gone, and yes, they are a big loss for this forum, this forum was one of the best. now with those guys gone but with people like baronmatrix staying , well, its another story.

I will not bother any more you and the ones who think like you.
June 8, 2007 9:11:14 PM

Quote:
TY

*edit* Also, Baron, don't take so much pride in getting rid of someone from the forum. People don't take kindly to such provocation

I take no pleasure in that. Believe me. If I did, I wold have made a post about it. I hated it that somehow everything got personal. I just don't want it to start back up. This deceneu seems like the troller type. I really hope not. It's been relatively quiet.
June 8, 2007 9:16:07 PM

Quote:

and is not about your post count, as you may see I to dont have that much, but is about the time you are in here and that I was lucky to see in action top posters like Jack, Wusy, Crashman, Verndewd and many others, now most of them are gone, and yes, they are a big loss for this forum, this forum was one of the best. now with those guys gone but with people like baronmatrix staying , well, its another story.

In other news, AMD has implied that Phenom may be released before Barcelona. I mean, there are no HT3 server chipsets right now so why not drop something that has mobos and chipsets.

That's my opinion anyway. I mean even a 1.6GHz quad core will be something good. I persnaly am waiting until soemone offers a all-in-one Water cooled case.

I am so sick of loud fans. And the way GPUs are going, no DX10 cards will be in my system without water-cooling.
June 8, 2007 9:21:41 PM

Quote:
no DX10 cards will be in my system without water-cooling.

the 8600 are not so hot
June 8, 2007 9:26:00 PM

I'm just hoping this brings Quad Core into mainstream pricing that people can afford.
June 8, 2007 9:28:28 PM

Quote:
I just hoping this brings Quad Core into mainstream pricing that people can afford.

the Q6600 already is in the mainstream pricing, and on 22 july will be even cheaper
June 8, 2007 9:31:39 PM

Quote:
Lol nice one with celine, I also heard that Cirque Du Soleil would have a special show with a special Guest, Henry Richard and that he would be the clown...

Can't wait for sunday, will post pics =Þ

thanks well Cirque De Soleil are working on "Barcelona"?? I saw a couple of their shows, "Allegria" was really good. So maybe Celine partners up with Cirque and she sings at their show??? :) 
June 8, 2007 9:38:23 PM

I probably don't need Quad Core power just yet, but it seems like it could be my next upgrade path however pricing will be the decider unless these AMD processors are really something special.
June 8, 2007 10:48:45 PM

Actually I have MS Flight Sim X and with the update it supports Multithreading. That game pegs out my system, I wish I had a Quad Core. The game is a beast and will use anything you throw at it.
June 8, 2007 10:56:32 PM

Quote:

Please don't encourage them to stay off-topic. This post is about the possible appearance of Phenom, not a "post your best AMD joke" post.yes mum :cry: 
EDIT: it wasnt a joke it was the truth i havnt watched emmerdale for the last week i have been sat on the cpu forum watching this :o 
June 9, 2007 12:47:40 AM

AMD is a sponsor of an F1 racecar, and as someone has mentioned, it will probably display the new logo for the upcoming Phenom cpu (box art? design?).

To push a CPU release during an F1 race is kind of goofy, but if it works for AMD, more power to them. It couldn't be as strange as holding a product demo in Tunsia.

I will side with new logo on F1 sponsored car, and not a product release and/or showing during that event.
June 9, 2007 5:06:13 AM

Quote:
Jack is supposedly posting at xcpus.com

thanks baron...i am off :D 

i ll be back if jack comes back...

take care everyone..

- Vinod
June 9, 2007 5:20:14 AM

Quote:
Me think AMD will sponsor one of the F1 race car so what people will see will be AMD decal (or AMD Phenom decal) on one of the race cars.

ALL HAIL COREOPOPLY

....and maybe that car will end up crashing into the pit at 300km/h in its first lap..
just a thought.. just a thought...
June 9, 2007 5:22:01 AM

LOL...

BARON HAS DEFEATED THE EVIL JACK THAT POLLUTED THIS FORUM!!! BARON IS THE HERO!! BARON IS THE HERO!!!

...you're waiting for someone to say that right?
June 9, 2007 6:08:55 AM

Quote:
LOL...
BARON HAS DEFEATED THE EVIL JACK THAT POLLUTED THIS FORUM!!! BARON IS THE HERO!! BARON IS THE HERO!!!

no no you got it all wrong its since hes using the term brood to describe people who have other opinion's then him...
BARON HAS DEFEATED THE OVERMIND OF THE BROOD THAT IS JUMPINGJACK THAT HAS POLLUTED THIS FORUM!!! BARON IS THE HERO OF THE TERRAN DOMINION!! THE FORUMZ WILL NOW ENTER A NEW AGE OF UNPARALLELED ADVANCEMENT!! RIGHT NOW THE FORMER OVERMINDS CEREBERATES ARE FIGHTING FOR WHAT LITTLE POWER IS LEFT POWER!!!! /poor attempt at a joke
June 9, 2007 6:13:44 AM

wow not cool guys, baron made a good post and your ruining it. I agree w/ what was said before - if you are not happy w/ where this forum is headed, go to one that you think is better..that's all.
I dont have many posts here, but i've been watching the drama since the begining. How about we all get over it already
June 9, 2007 6:41:16 AM

Quote:

ALL HAIL COREOPOPLY

....and maybe that car will end up crashing into the pit at 300km/h in its first lap..
just a thought.. just a thought...

I hope the F1 car won't crash because I think F1 race cars are beautiful. I wonder how much it costs AMD to sponsor a car. They should use that money for something better like maybe a pamphlet "Quad-core for Dummy" (wait, maybe Intel should have handed out "Quad-core Manufacturing for Dummy" at Computex. I know I would)

ALL HAIL 1NT3LOPOLY
June 9, 2007 10:40:16 AM

Quote:
LOL...

no no you got it all wrong its since hes using the term brood to describe people who have other opinion's then him...
BARON HAS DEFEATED THE OVERMIND OF THE BROOD THAT IS JUMPINGJACK THAT HAS POLLUTED THIS FORUM!!! BARON IS THE HERO OF THE TERRAN DOMINION!! THE FORUMZ WILL NOW ENTER A NEW AGE OF UNPARALLELED ADVANCEMENT!! RIGHT NOW THE FORMER OVERMINDS CEREBERATES ARE FIGHTING FOR WHAT LITTLE POWER IS LEFT POWER!!!! /poor attempt at a joke

actually the baron is not the hero of the terran dominion, the is Kerrigan, "the queen bitch of blades" , ho is now fighting the remaining cerebrates so they wouldnt merge to form a new overmind :lol: 
June 9, 2007 11:00:43 AM

Quote:
wow not cool guys, baron made a good post and your ruining it. I agree w/ what was said before - if you are not happy w/ where this forum is headed, go to one that you think is better..that's all.
I dont have many posts here, but i've been watching the drama since the begining. How about we all get over it already

Hey Ive been lurking on these forums arrived just before MMM got banned I found the few posts I read to be informative but apparently he was some blind fanboy that has a higher state of self awareness/consciousness then BM. While some of Baron's posts do give some very good information most of the time Jack came in and basically dispelled the conclusions BM had drawn from the source article whilst delving into it on a more detailed level/ my overly long 2 cents...
June 9, 2007 1:14:24 PM

Not to worry about the Intel lead, all thats needed is to unlock. Obviously the Q6600 can go much faster. But a case of first-to-mkt allows the spoils of a locked clock. My siggy noob build is really looking embarrassing at this point... even if its my 4th.

f61
June 9, 2007 9:58:23 PM

Quote:

just ignore him speedbird, his feelings are hurt and he's looking for someone to take it out on. he is right though jack DID contribute alot to the forumz and will be missed by many including myself. it was his choice though and i really dont get what his problem was, contributions and 8000+ posts do not constitute ownership. also some of us lurk for a very long time before we ever actually join... some people have been here 2 months with thousands of posts...were they contributing or merely padfest participants?
June 10, 2007 4:58:34 AM

Quote:

ALL HAIL COREOPOPLY

AMD already sponsors the Ferrari team, and the Ferrari guys were running around with a Phenom sticker on their helmets in qualifying, so an announcement is quite possible.
June 10, 2007 6:00:11 AM

Hey I sort of agree...We have lost so many great people and this forum has changed alot, seems like its gone to more flamin and "Hey look how big my E-Penis is". I for one have been trollin other sites more because of this, Im sorry to say :cry:  But Im still hear cause there is some good info to be had here and there....In between the crap...
June 10, 2007 11:59:39 AM

Baron,

Thanks for chasing Jack away.... Actually I believe intel is no longer paying him to act as an impartial poster - while secretly peddling intel propaganda....
June 10, 2007 12:39:57 PM

Quote:

I think alot of the top posters are leaving partly do to the incredible over-moderation. No other board has this much REPORTING and Banning.

Some discussions can get heated and a lil nasty... Whats wrong with that?

I use to post ALOT.... now i just lurk for info. I would rather deal with FUD and FIGHTS than deal with whiney posters who report to trigger happy mods.
June 10, 2007 1:33:52 PM

Quote:
Baron,

Thanks for chasing Jack away.... Actually I believe intel is no longer paying him to act as an impartial poster - while secretly peddling intel propaganda....

lol
!