antec 900 and floppy drive

floyd19

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
Dumb question.

How did you mount the floppy drive. It seems that I would need very long screws to get the floppy drive to sit in the bracket that came with the case.

Any suggestions?

moogles

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
why does anyone need a floppy any more?

winxp raid drivers. and for anyone who reads this post looking on what to do seeing as the op didnt say how his problem was solved. the black frame thing in the white box containing the screws, and the front plate is used to support a floppy drive in one of the 5.25" bay.

jamesgoddard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005

winxp raid drivers. and for anyone who reads this post looking on what to do seeing as the op didnt say how his problem was solved. the black frame thing in the white box containing the screws, and the front plate is used to support a floppy drive in one of the 5.25" bay.

Use Vista then, RAID drivers off USB...

moogles

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

Use Vista then, RAID drivers off USB...

why should i pay another £100 for an os that will make my pc seem slower, and my games slower and that has crappy nvidia drivers and uses up more ram than my current os that does all the above fine...

very practical eh??

Surferosa

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
why should i pay another £100 for an os that will make my pc seem slower, and my games slower and that has crappy nvidia drivers and uses up more ram than my current os that does all the above fine...

Cos it looks ace.
Cos you'll get it eventually.
Cos MS pwns you.

moogles

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

Cos it looks ace.
Cos you'll get it eventually.
Cos MS pwns you.

eventually it'll come down in price, my winxp looks nice enough for me. and yea i guess ms pwns me because i like their windows.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006

very practical eh??

I agree with you. Vista is slower than its predecessor.

Every new version of Windows was slower than its predecessor, when run on the same hardware.

Therefore, because you follow your logic, you are running win95, right? or maybe win98?
You're not running XP... because XP is slower than ME, which is slower than win98.

very logical eh??

moogles

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

very practical eh??

I agree with you. Vista is slower than its predecessor.

Every new version of Windows was slower than its predecessor, when run on the same hardware.

Therefore, because you follow your logic, you are running win95, right? or maybe win98?
You're not running XP... because XP is slower than ME, which is slower than win98.

very logical eh??

uh, windows me -> windows xp isnt as big of a difference. the drivers arent fucked up so yes its logical. xp -> vista isn't logical at the current time. my games dont function with it and most of them are way slower. i dont see any advantage of vista over xp except for updates. apart from that i can do all i want on xp.

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
The matter of fps isnt that bad. Its tops like 15 fps when you're already getting over 60 most of the time. The cost is actually less than xp pro if you get it OEM. So the cost is neglible, and you will have to upgrade to vista for dx10. I can play all the games maxed out with a e6600 and 8800gts. Ram is cheap now anyway, so it's the best time to buy.

moogles

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
true ill need it for dx10, although theres an article on softpedia saying that microsoft might release it for winxp. plus dx9 isnt dead yet :)

GSTe

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006

BIOS updates?

yea that too.
hi gste, nice too see hexians here :)

Yeah, thought I'd seen you on here before mate. Wouldn't be too sorry if I didn't see certain Hexians on here though...... :)