rwsanford

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
Ok to make a long story short my computer exploded and im plannin on building a new one. Ive been looking at tiger direct and they have some really good prices on computer parts and i wanna build mine from scratch pretty much, im looking to get a GOOD video card that can handle games like STALKER and OBLIV with high end graphics. I also plan on getting an AMD CPU 4600x2 2.40ghz with an amd based board with pci-express slots and DDR2 dual or single slots which can handle different types of mhz of ram, also i need a power supply that will run my computer without another disater occuring and advice on which cheap proformance ram to use, So far ive got these parts in mind:

XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX Edition / 256MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card / great reviews / lifetime warranty.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2427578&body=REVIEWS

Thats the link for the video card im thinking about getting ^^^

As for the MOBO and CPU im thinking about going AMD because the price seems right! This is a package which contains both:

Asus M2N-E SLI NVIDIA Socket AM2 ATX Motherboard and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.40GHz OEM Processor

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2974076&CatId=2417#detailspecs

Ok this is where i need help/advice, iam not a computer genius and have some questions if someone would answer them it would be greatfully appreciated!!! :D My questions are:

If i buy these parts would a 500w budjet power supply support them?
Which type of ram does this MOBO take is it DDR2 single sticks or can it take those dual DDR2 sticks??
I plan to get two 1GB DDR2 sticks and if it takes both which one should i go for?
Is this a good build that will be able to handle the most recent games like
S.t.a.l.k.e.r, supreme commander etc on high graphics?
My budjet here is around $600.00 canadian i have a Hard drive already with operating system and a nice 19" lcd monitor so just the hard ware is important to me now any suggestions or feedback for a computer novice would be great.

Cheers!! 8) :? 8O :p :lol:

-rwsanford