Anyone know the release date for the Auzentech X-Fi card?

See subject line.
6 answers Last reply
More about anyone release date auzentech card
  1. umm what exactly is it. sounds like a sound card however not familiar with the brand name or whatever. shed some light?
  2. Auzentech is a sound-card manufacturer. See www.auzentech.com for details.

They make fairly high-end devices, and they're quite keen on (among other things) real-time Dolby Digital and DTS encoding.

Supposedly they are going to be launching a card that has a Creative X-Fi chip on it, but which uses higher-quality components on the circuit-board than Creative's own X-Fi cards do - better quality DACs, better capacitors, that sort of thing - so it should have similar performance to a conventional X-Fi card in terms of API-compatibility and processing power, but better sound quality (e.g. higher signal-to-noise ratio).

I just wondered if anyone knew when it was supposed to ship.
  3. They had it up for pre-order on OCZ and it was said to be shipping three days ago, but now seems to have slipped and the web site just states it is on pre-order with no date.

Strange.

Also keeping an eye on this one, aswell as the Xonar from Asus.

On that note, has anyone seen a review for it either? Would have thought someone would have a sample by now...
  4. Update:

Ocz states it will be released on 27th July.

Still waiting on this or the new Asus cards which also look mighty tasty.
  5. Quote:
    Update:

Ocz states it will be released on 27th July.

Still waiting on this or the new Asus cards which also look mighty tasty.
    Uhh, I hope Overclockers just made a typo.
  6. I can't shake the feeling that their waiting for Vista 64 Creative drivers, and using those.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Components