Nerogk

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I have some very confusing temperatures which seem abnormally low and need some advice on how to interpret them. I read CompuTronix's temp guide and believe it may have to do with my motherboard (P5B Premium is similar to P5B Deluxe)

Idle
-----
TCase: 19-21C
TJunction: 27-28C

Load
------
TCase: 31-34C
TJunction: 44-50C

I took these temps with various programs and load was just using a graphics intense game (I know orthos,etc would be more reliable but the idle temps are more confusing). My ambient temp is DEFINITLY not 19C or lower. I live in Canada but it's summer and the room should be around 23-25C.

What is going on? I was hoping to overclock more when I get a Thermaltake V1 on the CPU and keep load temps TCase: 50C and TJunction 65C as per CompuTronix's guide, but with temps that low, this can't be right considering I'm currently overclocking using the stock cooler.

Specs:
Case: Antec Nine Hundred (Good airflow with modular cabling, fans on med)
Motherboard: Asus P5B Premium (similar to P5B Deluxe)
CPU: C2D E6700 @ 3.33GHz
PSU: Ultra X2 550w
GPU: EVGA 8800 GTX KO ACS3
Storage: WD 500GB and LiteOn 20x DVD-writer (both SATA)
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty

Nerogk

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I still don't know what to do to fix my temperatures as I don't know what they're actually supposed to be. It's very frusterating because without an acurate temperature, I could be overclocking too much.

I don't want to ruin my CPU but I really want to be able to overclock this thing. How can I find out my actual TCase & TJunction temps so I can keep them at 50C and 65C respectively (under load)?

Nerogk

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I still don't know what to do to fix my temperatures as I don't know what they're actually supposed to be. It's very frusterating because without an acurate temperature, I could be overclocking too much.

I don't want to ruin my CPU but I really want to be able to overclock this thing. How can I find out my actual TCase & TJunction temps so I can keep them at 50C and 65C respectively (under load)?

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Download CoreTemp to see the temperatures of the Cores.

I think as long as their under 60.1C, the lifespan of the CPU will be normal. Anything over, and you'll shorten the lifespan.

Hope this helps.