TFT Display for Professional Web developer

abdul

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2005
Hi there, I am a new webdeveloper, looking to buy a good TFT Display. At my work place i have 2 TFT Displays, one among them is Dell 1702FP (in which images are bright, more clear and crispy) and the other one is some Eizo.... not good as Dell.

I decided to buy a 20" samsung 206BW(at that time about 299 Euros), But when i looked at 22" LG L226WTQ-SF (same price 299 Euro) in the shop. I bought it. (They say the panel is from Samsung and LG tuned it a bit).

But it was so bright that it started giving me problem to my eyes, even i adjusted the brightness to zero and contrast to a lower level with the hep of the software. I retured it, because i was not satisfied.

Up to now i only bought Samsung displays, and i am satisfied with them. Now i am planning to buy a 22" Samsung 226BW . Does it has a true 8bit panel. Does it's black and shiny bazel will cause any problems...Please give your valuable advise. Thanks in advance!!!

At my work place i have 2 TFT Displays, one among them is Dell 1702FP (in which images are bright, more clear and crispy) and the other one is some Eizo.... not good as Dell.

Up to now i only bought Samsung displays, and i am satisfied with them. Now i am planning to buy a 22" Samsung 226BW . Does it has a true 8bit panel. Does it's black and shiny bazel will cause any problems...Please give your valuable advise. Thanks in advance!!!

Wow, you're knocking the Eizo which is designed for graphics professionals?

Repeat after me:

"No 22" LCD monitor uses an 8-bit panel. All 22" LCD monitors use 6-bit TN panels whether it is made by AUO, ChiMei or Samsung."

You are better off questions about LCD monitors in the Flat Panel/LCD section within the Consumer Electronic section. However, it is not as active as the Hardware section.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/ce/Flat-Panels-LCDs-forum-9.html