Moving to the US and looking for advice

fedoranz

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Hello,
I am moving to Virginia Beach, VA from New Zealand. I am looking for advice on where to find a good online PC components store as well as a brick and mortar option. I hope to find a site with features such as those found on the NZ equivalent of www.ascent.co.nz. I thank you all for your opinions.

www.newegg.com
-normally a preferred place to shop online for pc parts. i've pushed thousands through them without issue.

www.tigerdirect.com
-never used them but often hear people mention this site.

www.frozencpu.com
-good site for cooling parts and miscellaneous non-hardware upgrades.

www.xoxide.com
-cables,cases, lights, fans, in general they carry non-hardware upgrades. i've done business with them and everything came through fine.

b&m... not sure what is in your area though.

microcenter
-a one stop shop for everything computing. there are a few bad reviews on here about them but i think its a load of hogwash. i haven't had any issues with them but i do suggest visiting the store instead of going online. i got a 32gb no-name flash drive for under $30!

best buy
-general appliance and electronics store. not the best prices but if you need a hdmi cable, software or common item they may have it.

staples
-office store that caries some computing supplies.

monkeymonk

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Newegg is pretty much the main website everyone uses. Microcenter is cool because they sell their CPUs at a loss to get you into the store.

zarik

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
newegg.com is the best one, also you can find anything on Amazon and ebay, for local moving services you can try www.cheapmovingny.com, also some other sites if you put the name of item you looks for in a search, you can even find anything in local electronic stors such as PC Richard and son, Best Buy etc