Photodraw V2 unable to show previews or open picture files

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelyb

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Having just bought a new laptop with o/s Vista, I installed my favourite graphics program but am disappointed that it will not open any of my pictures, regardless of format. The majority of my photo's are saved in jpeg. When I try to I access the pictures it says 'preview unavailable' and/or 'cannot open file, file may be damaged'. I have used Microsoft Photodraw V2 for years on all previous operating systems with no problem, the last one being Windows XP. I love the program and miss using it. Can anyone give me any advice or information on this please. :??:

lovelyb

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Hello Jonmore68... thanks for your information. I will take a look at both later. Yes, Photodraw is old - but that's probably why I like it!! :D I know my way around it pretty well. ... I am beginning to think I am not liking Vista much!! Thanks again for your help.... B

lovelyb

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009

Hiya, I've not necessarily found a solution but I've found a way around it!!

Open up the required photo in Vista with MS Office Picture Manager
Edit pictures
Compress pictures
select documents
OK
Save

You can now open the saved picture in MS Photodraw via Visual Open and work on it.

Hope this helps.
It's a lot of faffing about but at least you can get to work on selected photos with Photodraw.

G

I found that the above advice works great, but the "compress" advice leaves a very small and lossy file. Instead, just resize the photo to 98% of the original (in Picture Manager) and then it will open easily in Photodraw 2000 v2. Thanks for the tip.

rahul700

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
i also had the same problem.... see this post at:

http://latesthub.in/2010/12/13/run-microsoft-photodraw-2000-in-windows-7/

this sorted out my problem... i hope it also helps you...

Status
Not open for further replies.