No place to start ATI Catalyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthxtn

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
Hello,
I installed ATI Catalyst; unfortunately I cannot find a wary to start the program. No icon or programs listed

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
right click on your desktop and there should be a link on the menu that pops up; or look on your start menu (under catalyst control center)

if you don't see either of these, then you probably installed it wrong

kthxtn

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
I had previously tried your suggestion. Additionally, I have uninstalled and install the program several time. I even run the installation report and there are no errors; the final status per the report is "Success". I drill down through all the folders where the program is listed and there are no executable files to start the program. Any other suggestion.

kthxtn

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
I uninstalled what I had and downloaded 10.8 version of CCC (10-8_xp32_dd_ccc_enu). I installed the program with the same results except I had an icon on my desktop for "Lord of the Rings" online game. I uninstall all again and reinstall with same results. I still have no means for starting CCC. My next step is download CCC only, not the package. Any other suggestions.

If you do a custom install, you can choose not to install the add-ons, such as the Lord of the Rings game.

Once it's installed, the driver is always running. If you want to open the program, you should have an ATI icon down by the clock, or you can go to start-->programs-->and access it there.

kthxtn

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
More info: my computer is Dell XPS 410, operating system is XP media edition, my tuner is ATI Theater 550 Pro. When starting TV tuner in Media Center I get an error message about files needed for video are not working or missing. I don't know if this has anything to do with CCC working properly.

kthxtn

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010

The icon to launch CCC is not in either location. A point of clarificaition......I could not get my TV tuner to work in Media Center. A friend recommend me not using Media Center and use CCC. Will Media Center not working, will this affect CCC. If it does, I still do not understand how it would cause the install not to show up in the program list or have an icon located on the desktop.

kthxtn

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
I did as instructed. I now have CCC listed in my "all programs" list. What is strange is nothing has happes whenever I double click on the icon. Even in task manager the program is shown to be running, but there is nothing on my screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.