Software to measure power consumption.

I'm not sure if this might be stickied somewhere I haven't looked yet, if it is, sorry. I'm looking for software to measure the total power consumption of my system. I'm wary of just googling (is this even a word? :p ) and downloading some random program.

Do you know some good recommended programs? Safe, accurate, reliable?

Or better, a link to one in the sticky thread?

Thanks for your time and answers.
4 answers Last reply
More about software measure power consumption
  1. i think cpu-z can
  2. You can get an external peice of hardware that will report what is drawn by your devices, not just the PC.

http://www.powermeterstore.com/c112/measure_power_at_the_plug.php

Those prices are a little bit high, but you can at least get an idea of what's out there and then search on your own. May be a good thing to have so you can also check your fridge, A/C unit, washer/dryer, etc... The PC uses a lot less power than those big boys.
  3. I just want to get a general idea oh how my much my system consumes. I recently bought a bronze certified power supply to replace my stock one, and wish to see the before and after of my system to get a idea of how much the power efficiency is helping. I don't want to buy a $40-80 dollar piece of hardware just for that.
  4. PoignantJ said:
    I just want to get a general idea oh how my much my system consumes. I recently bought a bronze certified power supply to replace my stock one, and wish to see the before and after of my system to get a idea of how much the power efficiency is helping. I don't want to buy a $40-80 dollar piece of hardware just for that.

JOULEMETER FROM MICROSOFT RESEARCH
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Consumption Software Apps