Notebook drivers for dead company

broccliman

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2002
I formatted my sister's everex notebook (model nm3500), installed xp, and now I have discovered that everex doesnt event exist anymore in the US so there is no support site where I can find drivers. In device manager I see that I am missing my wireless, audio, and a couple other misc drivers. I cannot find anything on the internet pointing me to a working download URL.

Since the factory CD is most likely missing (and there was no 2ndary partition with this information) is there another route I can go to acquire drivers for the unsupported devices? Maybe find out the manufacturer of the wireless card and search for drivers for that? How can I actually find out the manufacturer information of the devices?

Any help is greatly appreciated, right now I have a giant paper weight on my desk :heink:

Thanks!

Solution
Can it connect to the internet via ethernet?

I take it the devices show in device manager but have the yellow or red icon? If you have internet go to device manager and any device showing the red or yellow icon right click. Then select update driver. You may get lucky and windows will find generic drivers.

You can also use a tool like SIW to ID individual devices and research the drivers this way.

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Can it connect to the internet via ethernet?

I take it the devices show in device manager but have the yellow or red icon? If you have internet go to device manager and any device showing the red or yellow icon right click. Then select update driver. You may get lucky and windows will find generic drivers.

You can also use a tool like SIW to ID individual devices and research the drivers this way.

Solution

broccliman

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2002
Luckily the ethernet connection does work, and windows update resolved several drivers (like the gpu driver). And yes, in device manager you can see the audio, wireless, and other devices with the yellow icon.

I wasn't aware of SIW so I will look into that when I get home. Thx!