kutuzov

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Hello,
Office 2007 Enterprise SP2
Scanner Canoscan LiDE 25
Laptop: DELL Inspiron N5010 x64-based, Intel Core i3 CPU
Windows Firewall not activated.
Scanner works fine with Windows Fax and Scan, but causes lot of problems with Office and its components.
Tried Office Repair tool,
re-installed Office several times,
re-installed latest Canoscan LiDE 25 drivers several times.
In vain!
Please HELP.

Note: Following procedures used to work fine on other computers with Office 2007 but with OS Win XP or Win Vista.

Details:

1) Microsoft Office Document Scanning application.
Whether the application is launched separately or from within Microsoft Office Document Imaging, the following occurs:

The dialog box Scan New Document is displayed. Then, whatever command you click (other than Help or Close), after a short delay, an info box pops up, which says:
Microsoft Office Document Scanning DCOM Component is trying to recover your information… This might take several minutes.
Green color runs across the bar underneath, and after several seconds another info box pops up, which says:
Microsoft Office Document Scanning DCOM Component has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
The only option you have then is to click Close program. Needless to say, Windows does not notify you of any solution.

I don't have any idea what a DCOM Component is, and I couldn't care less. Just have my Office Document Scanning work!

2) Microsoft Clip Organizer.
Whether launched separately or from within a supporting Microsoft Office application like Word, the following occurs:

File > Add Clips to Organizer > From Scanner or Camera…
The dialog Insert Picture from Scanner or Camera opens.
You click Insert and hear the scanner scanning. When it stops the following message pops up:
File 'C:\Users\<my name>\Pictures\\Microsoft Clip Organizer\<filename>.jpg' was not successfully imported.
Clicking OK brings up yet another message:
Clip Organizer cannot complete the operation. The RPC server is unavailable. Error Code 0x800706BA
Side effect: all three folders on the left pane of Clip Organizer collapse, and cannot be expanded anymore, unless you restart the application.
Surprisingly however, the scanned JPG image is found in the location indicated in the first pop up message and can be inserted in any supporting Office document (Insert > Picture).

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Hmm... Try running Office 2007 in compatibility mode (XP or Vista). Since it works on those OS's, that might help. If the scanner is running over a network (i.e., through a router or switch), try updating your network connection's driver as well.

kutuzov

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Thnx Bolbi,

Tried the Compatibility Mode. NADA!

And no, I'm not on a network. Scanner connected directly to laptop.

I did find some ways around that enable me scan and then import into Word

Nevertheless, i'm still waiting for a solution or an explanation of the problems described in my long message, and what happened to the scanning from within Office 2007 under Windows 7! :fou:

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Uh-oh. I'm running out of ideas. This is a strange problem! The last thing I can think of to try is this:

1) Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features>Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner).
2) Find in the list and expand Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server.
3) Expand the subfolder named Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server Core.
4) Check all 5 five boxes. (MSMQ Active Directory Domain Services Integration, MSMQ HTTP Support, MSMQ Triggers, Multicasting Support, and MSMQ DCOM Proxy).
5) Click OK. Click Restart Later if you're prompted to restart.
6) Now type "services.msc" in the Start Menu's instant search box and hit Enter.
7) In the list of services, find "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" and "Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator". Set both to Automatic start.
8) Restart the PC.
9) Cross your fingers and try to scan something!

kutuzov

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Thanks again, Bolbi

Followed carefully your instructions.

Unfortunately, exactly same results as before:

"Microsoft Office Document Scanning DCOM Component has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Close program"

????????

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.