Sign in with
Your question

Help!!! I know many have had this problem? Incompatible Case

Last response: in Components
June 9, 2007 12:14:28 AM

Ok short and simple. Took an old Compaq PC. Stripped the guts. Put in new guts. Connected everything back. But the power switch connector isn't compatible. By that i mean those connectors that affiliate the power button, hard drive activity light, reset switch, and leds are fixed for just the Compaq's original motherboard. Who has gone around this and how? Everybody put your input please. I was thinking of pulling those wires and modding it which will be a pain. Is there anyway to replace a case's power switch?
June 9, 2007 2:13:57 AM

I would check the manual that came with the mobo. and see where the connections are for the LED's and switches. However if you have a single connector for everything then you will have to purchase the above mentioned components, or you can mod come cables to fit. The little four prong plugs on the CD sound cables work really good.
Related resources
June 10, 2007 7:02:25 PM

It does have a single connector. So either I mod the connector and solder my own or go with one of those all in ones. Any ideas? I read somewhere you can touch 2 pins and jump start any computer with the power outlet connected. well haven't tried it but i will.
June 10, 2007 7:05:58 PM

ok good idea. I'll give it the shot first. Now just to figure out which is the ground and which is the positive. :) . Thank you guys for posting. Keep on posting i'll be on the look out for good ideas.
June 10, 2007 7:06:35 PM

ok and what about the whole ground/positive?
June 10, 2007 9:03:12 PM

perfect my man. I think i'm in love. haha. thanks.
!