Please share FPS for X800XT PRO and 9600XT on a 2.8 or 3 GHz

I'm curious to find out the differences in performance for Doom3 on these
three cards on a 2.8 or 3GHz PC prefereably with 1 GIG of RAM.

I'd like to know what FPS you get at 4 or 8x aa and 1024x768 or higher if
you would mind sharing

I see a lot of posts with different equipment and different cards but these
specific examples would be very informative for me if you wouldn't mind
sharing if you have any of these systems.

Thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about please share x800xt 9600xt

    I have the 9600xt on a 2.8 with 1 Gig of RAM.
    I get about 14 FPS in timedemo with 4aa at 800 x 600 but I'm curious to see
    what others are getting with the same card (in case mine isn't optimized)
    and to see about the other two cards to see if I could get to see Doom in a
    much higher quality scenario.

    boe wrote:
    > I'm curious to find out the differences in performance for Doom3 on
    > these three cards on a 2.8 or 3GHz PC prefereably with 1 GIG of RAM.

    Asus 9800xt 256
    1gb ram
    p4 1.8 oc to 2.4

    37fps on timedemo 1 on ultrahigh settings 1024*768 and no AA

    --

    /t

    Thanks! Can you tell me what you get with 4 or 8 aa?

    "Tommy Sundstrøm" <tommy@h-nett.no> wrote in message
    > boe wrote:
    > > I'm curious to find out the differences in performance for Doom3 on
    > > these three cards on a 2.8 or 3GHz PC prefereably with 1 GIG of RAM.
    >
    > Asus 9800xt 256
    > 1gb ram
    > p4 1.8 oc to 2.4
    >
    > 37fps on timedemo 1 on ultrahigh settings 1024*768 and no AA
    >
    > --
    >
    > /t

    On my two systems the first one is a p43.2gig EE & gforce 6800gt leadtek. On
    that in high detail & no AA i get 72. With same settings except for
    antialiasling set to 8 i get 43fps

    On second system which is a p4 3.0C & radeon 9800 pro 256 onboard mem i get
    42fps with it off. With it set to 4x i get 24fps.

    Ken

    "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm curious to find out the differences in performance for Doom3 on these
    > three cards on a 2.8 or 3GHz PC prefereably with 1 GIG of RAM.
    >
    > I'd like to know what FPS you get at 4 or 8x aa and 1024x768 or higher if
    > you would mind sharing
    >
    > I see a lot of posts with different equipment and different cards but
    these
    > specific examples would be very informative for me if you wouldn't mind
    > sharing if you have any of these systems.
    >
    > Thanks

    Good info - I appreciate it. Do both systems have a gig of memory?

    boe wrote:
    > Thanks! Can you tell me what you get with 4 or 8 aa?

    4xaa = 24.4
    8xaa = 24.3

    Woulda thoguth the difference would be bigger. But ran the tests three times
    on each settings.

    --

    /t

    I appreciate that - did you exit doom3 between changing the settings from 4x
    to 8x? I noticed for some reason it doesn't change unless I exit and go
    back in for some reason - but maybe I'm set something wrong.

    Did you notice a difference in texture quality between 4x and 8x? My card
    doesn't cut it at even 2x so to go any higher, it is hard to check out the
    quality difference since all you'll notices is the choppy performance.

    > boe wrote:
    >> Thanks! Can you tell me what you get with 4 or 8 aa?
    >
    > 4xaa = 24.4
    > 8xaa = 24.3
    >
    > Woulda thoguth the difference would be bigger. But ran the tests three
    > times
    > on each settings.
    >
    > --
    >
    > /t

    No. The first system mentioned has a gig of memory. The second has 512 mb .

    Ken

    boe wrote:
    > I appreciate that - did you exit doom3 between changing the settings
    > from 4x to 8x? I noticed for some reason it doesn't change unless I
    > exit and go back in for some reason - but maybe I'm set something
    > wrong.

    I did a vid_restart. So new settings were saved

    > Did you notice a difference in texture quality between 4x and 8x? My
    > card doesn't cut it at even 2x so to go any higher, it is hard to
    > check out the quality difference since all you'll notices is the
    > choppy performance.

    No didnt notice much, but D3 is so dark anyways, so i dont se the point of
    running the game with aa, so mine is off when I play

    --

    /t

    On 8/8/2004 7:23 AM Tommy Sundstrøm brightened our day with:

    >>Did you notice a difference in texture quality between 4x and 8x? My
    >>card doesn't cut it at even 2x so to go any higher, it is hard to
    >>check out the quality difference since all you'll notices is the
    >>choppy performance.
    >>

    >No didnt notice much, but D3 is so dark anyways, so i dont se the point of
    >running the game with aa, so mine is off when I play

    The only bad aliasing I've noticed is when you're using the flashlight.
    Otherwise most of the edges seem pretty smooth. Though there does seem
    to be an occasional aliased texture.

    --
    The Brain From Planet Arous (1958):
    "Bad alien Gor takes over scientist Steve's brain; good alien Vol takes over Steve's dog's brain."

    Steve [Inglo]

FPS Video Games