Oc' Problems with Gigabyte S3

shadowtheweak

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
I can't seem to get into the oc' menu in bios. When I hit ctrl +f1 the screen will blink for a second, but then nothing happens. My keyboard is brand new and all the keys work, so I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
That actually sounds normal. CRTL+F1, then go into M.I.T (Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker) section. You'll find all the juicy OC'ing stuff there....FSB, volts, RAM timings ;)

Decad02

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
I have the same board. If you find a PCI frequency or PCI Clock Sync mode option, let me know where. Can't bloody well find it and it is supposed to be @ 33 mhz, according to the guides I've read. My OC is doing fine, but I don't want my comp to crap out on me because I overlooked the option. And Skyguy is right, just go into MIT *after* hitting CTRL F1 in the main menu (hitting CTRL F1 won't work if you're already in MIT).

Thanks

shadowtheweak

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
I've oc'd my computer for the most part, but there were two things I couldn't change/find: Virtualization and how to set the FSB to 280
I couldn't find virtualization at all and I could only find how to set the FSB Overvoltage control, but that only gave me 3 options and setting it to 280 wasn't one of them. My processor still shows that it's only 1.8ghz, but that's probably because I don't know how to change the FSB setting.

Decad02

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
It is in the MIT menu, before your RAM timings. Make sure the option just before CPU host clock frequency is set to "Manual". Then the grayed out area that lets you set your FSB be selectable. Highlight it and hit Enter, then type in the speed you want.

Obviously, make sure you have all the other settings from the Overclocking guide you're following done, too, as once you save/exit your CPU will be OCed.

good luck