Bigzig

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I accidentally deleted one or more registry keys and I would like to know if I can fix it by reinstalling the original Vista disc that came with the computer. Any help in laymen terms would be appreciated. Thanx

Solution
by reinstalling you will loose everything, what the reinstall does is it formats the hard drive> it writes a fresh copy of the operating system over the current data

Bigzig

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
No, thats my second problem, popup says "last backup failed" not enough free space. PS I am NOT a very tech savvy guy. I've been trying to figure out how to free up space but when I do, the box says cleaup will not free any space, I don't get it

Bigzig

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009

I thank you for answering me. I wanted to say also, that I don't even know for sure if I did delete any registry keys, I think I might have, but not positive. That sounds stupid but sometimes I fiddle with stuff on this computer that I probably should'nt. It may be that it's got too much stuff downloaded onto it that makes it act up.

pkusnierz

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
by reinstalling you will loose everything, what the reinstall does is it formats the hard drive> it writes a fresh copy of the operating system over the current data

Solution