changing the speakers on my z2300

Gingerade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
i have some logitech z2300 speakers and i would like to change the satalite speakers out for some bigger better ones. is there a way i can do this without wreaking these speakers because i might go back to them if the other ones dont sound good.

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
How exactly could you wreck the speakers if you plan on not using them?

I assume if you just place the satellites securely in a closet somewhere, no harm will come to them.

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I'm assuming that the crossover for the speakers is located in the amp/subwoofer box.

I'm not sure if you would gain much by doing that swap.

Gingerade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
well i know i can cut the speaker wire at the rca plug but i dont wanna do that,thats what i ment by wreck the speakers. i just dont like how when i turn it up really loud how they get distorted so i just wanna add bigger speakers that i know wont distort

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
You may have problems getting good sound from any other speakers. Those single driver designs from logitech require highs to be bumped up a whole lot. You may find that any other speaker would ring and have overbearing highs.

Thats just a possibility.

hannibal

Distinguished
The best option should be collecting whole new speakers in pairs of 2. Integrated speaker system where all amplifiers are in one speaker are very hard to expand. They are one package, and that is it. They can be deasent, like logiteck speakers normally are.

I am not sure if it can be done, but you could try to buy active speakers that each have it's own amplifier and put the volume down from the originals. The problem is that you have to have sound system that have individual output for each pair of speakers...
Other is that you buy external amplifier and normal hifi-speakers, but how do you get sound from there to your Logitec system... hmmm... maybe using rca out connector. Most propably the sound balance is somewhat weird... But then you have an option to buy later 2 speakers more, then one more and the sub...