How to delete the guest account

Mighty Mouse

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I had a link that could disable it but you had to go into the registry... I delete the link and I'm really sorry.
My advice is to wait for someone that understand the registry more then I do.
I do believe you can not delete this because it is built into XP like the admin account....you may render your system or make it unstable if you go around and play with the registry that you may not know nothing about

I'm sorry, I would feel really bad if something happen to your computer.

if some exper user like an ADMIN wants the link then ok... I will send it to him only to check it out and if approve he will send it to you.

My advice if it isn't broke... don't throw it away.

why not just turn it off?

Mighty Mouse

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
try going into control panel - user accounts

there is an option in there to disable it.

alternatively you can go into control panel - administrative tools - computer management - local users and groups - users
and delete or disable the guest account in there.

Why does it bother you? Does it stick it's tongue out and say "Nya nya nya nya nya"?

;)

As the above posters suggested, it can be disabled easily enough via the control panel --> User accounts. Other than having it show up on the Welcome screen when it's enabled, I really don't see how it could be bothering you...

Mighty Mouse

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

I feel so dum sometimes.
forgot about that.... good Job! :)

Mighty Mouse

shallala

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

What you are suggesting does not disable at all. It has to be done via the registry. It is when we do not want other people to still be able to use the guest account for whatever reason which is ours. ;-) I am in the same boat and the former guest acct user keeps getting into my computer against all odds. I even tried it via cmd and turned the guest acct inactive there and every time I use my computer, a new guest acct is up. Not cool. HOW TO DISABLE IT PERMANTENTLY???!!