DX-11 - Platform Update for Windows Vista Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
DX11 on Vista is available NOW and should be locate~able through Windows Update.

Announcing Final Releases of Platform Update for Windows Vista Technologies

The Platform Update for Windows Vista will be available for free via Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services and the Microsoft Download Center. You will need to have Windows Update “recommended settings” enabled in order to automatically receive the update without additional action.

These updates include the following:

* Windows Ribbon and Animation Manager Library: contains the Windows Ribbon API, a command framework that enables developers to quickly and easily create rich ribbon experiences in their applications, and the Windows Animation Manager API, an animation framework for managing the scheduling and execution of user interface element animations.
* Windows Graphics, Imaging, and XPS Library: components for developers to leverage the latest advancements in modern graphics technologies for gaming, multimedia, imaging and printing applications. It includes updates to DirectX to support hardware acceleration for 2D, 3D and text based scenarios; DirectCompute for hardware accelerated parallel computing scenarios; and XPS Library for document printing scenarios.
* Windows Automation API: allows accessibility tools and test automations to access Windows user interface in a consistent way across operating system versions.
* Windows Portable Devices Platform: supplies the infrastructure to standardize data transfers between an application and a portable device, such as a mobile phone, digital camera, or portable media player.

Note that the Windows Automation API will also be made available as a separate download for PCs running Windows XP.

THIS UPDATE INCLUDES DX-11

Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971644

Please be advised you will still need the appropriate hardware to take advantage - i.e. an ATI 58** series GPU.

Download KB KB971512 - Includes DX11 - For 32 Bit Vista - (4.6mb)

Download KB 971512 - Includes DX11 - for Vista 64bit (9.4mb)

{Edit to add DX Diag screenie}

purplefire

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Yes i did, did you read mine?

I tried the last link in the OP, but when it gets to installing it says "Does not apply to your system".

Status
Not open for further replies.