Sign in with
Your question

Kudos to EVGA

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 9, 2007 5:54:59 AM

I had an EVGA 7900 GT Ko Superclocked Video card that went south on me, I sent EVGA an email to their support section, within an hour I had an email reply telling me what i had to do to get an RMA for the card. I provided them proof of purchase and they then sent me an email with my RMA number and a label to attach to the outside of the box.

I sent them the defective Video Card (because I had not purchased the pre RMA plan I had to send it then wait for another one to be sent to me) Once they received the defective Video Card, within 48 hours they had another one put on a UPS truck back to me.

When I got the box i opened it up and to my surprise I found an upgraded EVGA 8600 GTS video card brand New in the box with drivers manaual and everything else. Plus this new card is able to participate in their step-up program when you can trade in your video card for full value and get a more powerfull card, and their pre-paid RMA program which allows me to cross ship the video card should anything go wrong this time. This time I took advantage of that last option, it was hell having my best system down while waiting for the new video card.

Just want to say good Job EVGA! :o 

More about : kudos evga

a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2007 6:57:03 AM

NICE!!!! Might have to buy EVGA next time I get a video card!! Thanks for the input!
June 9, 2007 7:08:41 AM

Yeah... customer service with eVGA, XFX, etc always seems to be a positive experience for most.

Good to see eVGA is takin' care of business.
Related resources
June 9, 2007 7:35:56 AM

Your "new" 8600 card is not usable for the Step-Up. RMA parts or cards you get from EVGA through Step-Up are not usable for Step-Up. Only cards bought from a retailer can be Stepped up as you need proof of purchase for them to approve it.

Your new card does tho have full warranty from them if you register it on theyr site (as you gave done).
June 9, 2007 12:10:39 PM

Quote:
NICE!!!! Might have to buy EVGA next time I get a video card!! Thanks for the input!

Yup, I'm looking into a 8800GTS at this point, looks like eVGA is the way to....Because of price. :) 
June 9, 2007 12:36:11 PM

i have an evga 8800gts640 and it is one hella nice card. nice to see they handle things so well.

cheers
June 9, 2007 1:29:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah... customer service with eVGA, XFX, etc always seems to be a positive experience for most.

Good to see eVGA is takin' care of business.

really dont pick up xfx customer service i really had a bad experience.. it took them 3 months to reaplace a 7900gs that died.. :x and beleive me this happend with almost everyone that rma their card in my contry
June 9, 2007 1:35:05 PM

Quote:

Yup, I'm looking into a 8800GTS at this point, looks like eVGA is the way to....Because of price. :) 

get the superclocked version then. It's OCed nicely and doesn't cost too much more. chose one for friend of mine some 2 weeks ago and it works just great
June 9, 2007 4:21:25 PM

Quote:
Your "new" 8600 card is not usable for the Step-Up. RMA parts or cards you get from EVGA through Step-Up are not usable for Step-Up. Only cards bought from a retailer can be Stepped up as you need proof of purchase for them to approve it.

Your new card does tho have full warranty from them if you register it on theyr site (as you gave done).

Actually it is WHY would I say it was if it wasn't? once you get your new card in you register it then you unregister the card that was RMA'd just like the instructions from them told me to do. So in closing the new card IS allowed to be part of the step-up program and is allowed to be part of the RMA cross shipping process. Why do people say things when they have NO CLUE what they are talking about?
June 9, 2007 4:47:48 PM

Congrats, but at the same time I hate u

haha j/k! :wink:
June 9, 2007 4:52:00 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that it was a downgrade?
June 9, 2007 5:05:08 PM

Quote:

Good point I think. But on the other hand, he did get a DX10 card :wink: as a replacement.
June 9, 2007 5:12:57 PM

Quote:

Exactly what i was thinking i would call them back actually...!
Quote:

Good point I think. But on the other hand, he did get a DX10 card Wink as a replacement.

Its so weak of a card it won't be able to run DX10 features very well
June 9, 2007 5:22:35 PM

As far as eVGA, CORSAIR & Samsung go, theyre on the top of my list. I built a new rig recently & those 3 were the first companies to sent me my rebate checks (over $120 worth!).

And speaking of customer service; eVGA has to be one of the best. (IMO of course). But thats from my experience.

from e-tailers NEWEGG ROCKS TOO.
June 9, 2007 5:26:10 PM

Quote:

I think your right, but it is pretty sweet that he still gets to participate in the step up program. Maybe EVGA did that on purpose, give them a crappier card so that he will step up and pay more money for a better one. lol I dunno.

Anyway, cool deal man. I hope everything works out and let us know when you step up to a better card. Excited to hear the results.
June 9, 2007 5:54:02 PM

the only 2 cards i will buy are XFX and eVGA, eVGA more so then XFX tho.
June 9, 2007 5:54:31 PM

The step up program by itself is diesel. I'm definitely going to buy eVGA next time around. What other companies do the step up program?
June 9, 2007 5:58:37 PM

To my knowledge only EVGA, XFX offers a really nice double lifetime warranty as well tho.
June 9, 2007 10:09:31 PM

Quote:

Downgrade are you high? The other card was having trouble running games like LOTRO and other online games on Very High settings, this new card runs them all on the highest settings and does a fantastic job doing it to, I set it up on both my Acer 2051W gaming monitor and my Sony G520 Flat Screen and it's amazing how good games and video looks on them with this card. It litterally blows the 7900Gt KO out of the water. A downgrade? Not hardly plus this card is also setup for DX10 and Vista when I decide to go with that once they get the bugs worked out of it. If you buy this card you will not be dissapointed, I promise!
June 9, 2007 11:32:14 PM

They did that because they don't have the 7900GT on their product page so i'm assuming they don't have any in stock. The next best thing is a 7950GT 512MB for $380. If I were you i'd call them back and make the argument that the 8600GTS is in fact a slower card (128bit memory & whatever else you can think of) and you demand an upgrade. They could either send you the $380 7950GT and you could step it up to an 8800GTS 640MB for $60 or they could send you an 8800GTS 320MB. That is assuming they really don't have any 7900GT's.
June 9, 2007 11:34:14 PM

Quote:

Exactly what i was thinking i would call them back actually...!
Quote:

Good point I think. But on the other hand, he did get a DX10 card Wink as a replacement.

Its so weak of a card it won't be able to run DX10 features very well

Actually, on the anandtech benchmarks, a 7900GS was SOMETIMES ONLY faster than a 8800GT.

Now, I understand he had a 7900GT KO but I also know that any 8800GTS should be faster. Now, if he would have gotten an 8800GT, then I would complain.

I think he got a somewhat equivalent card, but the advantage, DX10 ready
June 9, 2007 11:48:06 PM

What a breath of fresh air. How many times do members hit the forums only to complain about something? On top of that these people have often joined the same day. Whenever I research a purchase in any category; car or anything I always find myself having to remember that most forum comments are inherently negative. I appreciate that someone would take the time to report back on a positive experience. Companies deserve to have good service recognized. Furthermore the companies who may not have handled it as well may read this and feel that the bar has been raised.
June 9, 2007 11:50:06 PM

same here. I had 2 7900GT's that went south on me, and I got dual 8800's as well. Very nice except for the space issue. :p 
June 10, 2007 12:08:30 AM

Quote:

After at least 3 years of ATI headaches, I went away from the comfortable 10 year card purchase and went EVGA on my work PC as a test run. Best move I ever made. Unlike ATI, drivers installed in under 20 seconds and boom, done. NEVER had a problem with an EVGA driver so far, and I'm updating my 3rd PC with hopefully my final new card for a few years now :) .

EVGA all the way for me :) .
June 10, 2007 12:21:37 AM

now that makes u a lucky son of a ....

j/k, nice one bro ;) 
a c 143 U Graphics card
June 10, 2007 12:34:37 AM

My local shop doesn't carry eVGA products, unfortunately. How about BFG? Any good/horrible experiences you guys have had with them?
June 10, 2007 1:05:56 AM

Quote:

Downgrade are you high? The other card was having trouble running games like LOTRO and other online games on Very High settings, this new card runs them all on the highest settings and does a fantastic job doing it to, I set it up on both my Acer 2051W gaming monitor and my Sony G520 Flat Screen and it's amazing how good games and video looks on them with this card. It litterally blows the 7900Gt KO out of the water. A downgrade? Not hardly plus this card is also setup for DX10 and Vista when I decide to go with that once they get the bugs worked out of it. If you buy this card you will not be dissapointed, I promise!Am I high? As soon as you enable antialiasing and anisotropic filtering the 7900GT KO will come out on top. I would also be very disappointed if I bought that card because I currently own an 8800GTX @ 633MHz/2050MHz.
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2007 1:09:48 AM

LOL, I think you got your model numbers mixed up. I knew a guy who lost his GeForce 4 Ti4200 and got it replaced with an FX5200 "upgrade".

7900GT is faster than 7900GS. I'd expect the 8600GTS to be a little slower than the 7900GT.
June 10, 2007 2:21:49 AM

Quote:
LOL, I think you got your model numbers mixed up. I knew a guy who lost his GeForce 4 Ti4200 and got it replaced with an FX5200 "upgrade".

7900GT is faster than 7900GS. I'd expect the 8600GTS to be a little slower than the 7900GT.

Well the 4 Ti4200 compared to FX5200 is obviously a downgrade.

and yes I know the GT is always faster than the GS, what I meant was that if the 7900GS was sometimes faster than the 8600GT, then the 7900GT would be compared against the 8600GTS.

I dont think the 8600GTS is slower than the 7900GT at all. I would expect the 8600GTS to have its advantages on some appz.
June 10, 2007 6:09:41 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I would also be very disappointed if I bought that card because I currently own an 8800GTX @ 633MHz/2050MHz.

You R so cool can you be my daddy, ROFL. No One cares about your video card and how powerfull you think it is. I'll bet when someone comes up to you and says "man, what a beautifull day" You say something like "yah, but it's gonna rain tomorrow". You and all of your online buddies ( I mean you have such a way of making people like me want to b your friend and all :) ) Can sit back and compare whose is the biggest and fastest. I'm here to say EVGA treated me just fine. That's it!
June 10, 2007 8:50:35 AM

I don't know....

Benchmarks are great, but image quality sure seems better with a 256 memory bus than a 128.
June 10, 2007 10:44:09 AM

My last 4 video cards have all come from EVGA.I've been very impressed with their customer support so far.It exceeds just about all others.I also recommend EVGA cards to my clients when they want to upgrade their current system,or just want to build a new machine.My hat is also off to EVGA for their outstanding customer support.

Dahak

AMD X2 5600+ @ 2.8ghz(stock)
M2N32-SLI DELUXE MB
2 GIGS DDR2 800 RAM
THERMALTAKE 850WATT PSU
7950GT KO(WAITING FOR MY OTHER TO COME BACK FROM RMA)
ACER 22IN. LCD
SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
80GIG SATA2 HD
June 12, 2007 1:17:15 AM

So after reading in here about how a few of you thought that the card I received for my RMA was a downgrade I decided to write EVGA and ask them if they might have screwed up and sent me the wrong card for my original RMA.

I received a reply saying that they were going to RMA the new video card that I got to replace the one that was broken. This was Saturday. Today I just recieved a cross shipment notification that EVGA has sent me a package via UPS. Then I received the email from EVGA telling me what was sent.

They just sent me an EVGA 7950 GT 512 KO superclocked video card to replace the 8600 GTS card that they originally sent me as a replacement for the broken 7900 GT KO 256 Superclocked card. Is this banging or what? I'm extremely happy by their customer service and what they are doing for me. I will reccomend this company to anyone and everyone that will listen.

Not like lavasoft and how they are screwing over their original customers. Go to the software, other software forum to read the post by me. I highly advise you stay away from lavasoft and adaware!
June 12, 2007 1:26:46 AM

Quote:
So after reading in here about how a few of you thought that the card I received for my RMA was a downgrade I decided to write EVGA and ask them if they might have screwed up and sent me the wrong card for my original RMA.

I received a reply saying that they were going to RMA the new video card that I got to replace the one that was broken. This was Saturday. Today I just recieved a cross shipment notification that EVGA has sent me a package via UPS. Then I received the email from EVGA telling me what was sent.

They just sent me an EVGA 7950 GT 512 KO superclocked video card to replace the 8600 GTS card that they originally sent me as a replacement for the broken 7900 GT KO 256 Superclocked card. Is this banging or what? I'm extremely happy by their customer service and what they are doing for me. I will reccomend this company to anyone and everyone that will listen.

Not like lavasoft and how they are screwing over their original customers. Go to the software, other software forum to read the post by me. I highly advise you stay away from lavasoft and adaware!

That is awesome. It's great that they stuck with your issue and came through to deliver a equally performing graphics card. While it was nice of them of to send you an 8600 GTS in a timely manner it in my mind is not of equal value or performance to a 7900GT KO. Great to hear EVGA came through again a timely manner with the right video card replacement.
a b U Graphics card
June 12, 2007 1:46:16 AM

Quote:

Actually, on the anandtech benchmarks, a 7900GS was SOMETIMES ONLY faster than a 8800GT.

Now, I understand he had a 7900GT KO but I also know that any 8800GTS should be faster. Now, if he would have gotten an 8800GT, then I would complain.

I think he got a somewhat equivalent card, but the advantage, DX10 ready

I think you're confusing the products. No GF8800GT that I know of, but there is a GF8600GT.

A GF8800GTS would be a great upgrade, but a GF8600GTS is a bit of a step down in 90+% of the situations. Look at this review and note that the GF7900GT KO is actually clocked higher than the GF7950GT, which anihilates the GF8600GTS;

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/geforce8...

The only game in which there is noticeable benefit of the GF8600GTS is in the outdoor test of Oblivion with HDR, where the GF7 series has always struggled.

The DX10 benefit is nice, the potential video playback options are a nice bonus, but overall performance is usually well below a GF7900GT KO

That being said, I have to say I've seen alot of positives about eVGA, and under a similar situation I've seen someone complain that the replacement wasn't a good replacement as he felt it was a downgrade, and they agreed to his well reasoned calm arguments in his e-mail and ended up upgrading him. It's been a while since I saw it, but it stuck in my memory as a reason why I think eVGA would be the way to go with nV, and it's the one I usually recommend to friends for that and so many other reasons (like double lifetime warranty, step-up, etc).

The main thing is eVGA does seem to listen to the community and is very pro-active, so even if the OP were dissatisfied I'm pretty certain eVGA would do what they could (and likely beyond what we'd expect them to ) to make him happy within reason. I don't think asking for a GF8800GTS would've been out of the question considering the purchase priceof his original card, and it's performance, but if the OP is happy with the GF8600GTS, then all the better.

EDIT: didn't get to the end of the thread yet, see, eVGA did come through when he questioned the replacement. Just another example of their understanding of tha value of good community PR sentiments.

KUDOs to eVGA again, and nice job to the OP for absorbing what people were saying in this thread. 8) But a dart/brick for criticizing HY27 who WAS trying to enlighten you about the cards in question his comment abot the GF8800 came after your comment about him geing high as if he's new to the GF7 & GF8 series. :?
June 12, 2007 2:41:26 AM

Im sorry. now I see my mistake. I really maent 8600GTS
June 12, 2007 3:50:28 AM

Yeah congrats man that's awesome and GW to Evga, do they give such support or even sell cards in Australia?
June 12, 2007 3:56:37 AM

Well, i'll definetly be buying my next card from eVGA. So far everything i've heard about them has been great. Although i'm not impressed with the prices you have to go by for the step up program.
June 12, 2007 9:50:09 AM

Quote:
My local shop doesn't carry eVGA products, unfortunately. How about BFG? Any good/horrible experiences you guys have had with them?

I have a BFG6600GTOC

It's been good at gaming.
June 12, 2007 10:41:00 AM

Quote:

Actually it is WHY would I say it was if it wasn't? once you get your new card in you register it then you unregister the card that was RMA'd just like the instructions from them told me to do. So in closing the new card IS allowed to be part of the step-up program and is allowed to be part of the RMA cross shipping process. Why do people say things when they have NO CLUE what they are talking about?

Read the Step-Up terms and conditions before spewing bullshit like that.
It clearly states that for a card to be eligable for Step-Up it needs to have been bought from a retailer and is only allowed for up to 90 days based on the date on your reciept.

Cards you get through RMA or Step-Up do not renew the Step-Up window even tho you might get that impression when you register the card on theyr site.

If you doubt my words contact EVGA and they will tell you the same thing.
June 12, 2007 11:32:40 AM

Quote:

It clearly states that for a card to be eligable for Step-Up it needs to have been bought from a retailer and is only allowed for up to 90 days based on the date on your reciept.

Cards you get through RMA or Step-Up do not renew the Step-Up window even tho you might get that impression when you register the card on theyr site.

Yes I agree...I RMA'd 3 of the exact same cards (7900GT KO SC) and read the agreement. The step-up program does not work if the original purchase-date of the card - the one you originally bought - is past 90 days. So no, just because you registered it doesn't mean you can upgrade for free. Registration is a requirement of Step-Up, but not the only requirement ;) 
June 12, 2007 1:26:51 PM

Quote:

Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you cannot speak, or in this case write without using profanity, you're better off not writing at all. You only make yourself look ignorant when you use it. Why R you getting all upset anyway, did you buy an inferior card from someone else?

I did contact them and asked how much it would cost me to step up the 8600 gts, I told them it was a replacement for an RMA'd card and they still sent me the price of what it would cost me to step it up. Why would they do that if it wasn't eligible? Hopefully this post makes sense as I just woke up before I wrote it, lol.
June 12, 2007 1:35:37 PM

Quote:

Yes I agree...I RMA'd 3 of the exact same cards (7900GT KO SC) and read the agreement. The step-up program does not work if the original purchase-date of the card - the one you originally bought - is past 90 days. So no, just because you registered it doesn't mean you can upgrade for free. Registration is a requirement of Step-Up, but not the only requirement ;) 

But did you ever write them and ask them what it would cost explaining that you had an RMA'd card like I did? It seems to me that IF you contact them and ask them something like " hey I just got the new card in from you guys, it was a replacement for an RMA'd card that died on me, what would it cost me to step it up through your site? I think that they like going the extra mile to help out their customers, like they just did for me when I wrote them asking if I might have been sent the wrong replacement card in the original RMA.

I have not actually tried to step up the RMA'd card however as I've only had it a few days and it's in the process of another RMA as I said yesterday. What other company would go that extra mile to make sure that their customer (me) was happy like that? None that I've ever dealt with except maybe AMD, and i don't think that AMD is even that customer friendly?
June 12, 2007 1:44:21 PM

Quote:

Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you cannot speak, or in this case write without using profanity, you're better off not writing at all. You only make yourself look ignorant when you use it. Why R you getting all upset anyway, did you buy an inferior card from someone else?

I did contact them and asked how much it would cost me to step up the 8600 gts, I told them it was a replacement for an RMA'd card and they still sent me the price of what it would cost me to step it up. Why would they do that if it wasn't eligible? Hopefully this post makes sense as I just woke up before I wrote it, lol.

As you seem to be unable to read the simple thing I posted (to read EVGA´s Step-Up Terms and Conditions) I draw the simple conclusion that you must be american.

They might give you the price for what it would cost you to Step-Up to another card but if you would start a Step-Up then they would have to check the reciept/invoice for the card you orignally bought as you don´t have any reciept/invoice from a retailer for that 8600 card you got through RMA.

Don´t get me wrong, EVGA is a good company and I have 3 cards from them and I actually have read both the terms for RMA and Step-Up they have so i´m going to repeat what you said earlier "Why do people say things when they have NO CLUE what they are talking about?".

EVGA might be a good company with good warranty and advanced cross shipping RMA/Step-Up but they are in if for the money. Giving everyone who has a older broken graphics card the most similar thing they have in stock is a move to keep the custumer happy but giving them the option to upgrade that card up to the newest and best would never even break even on costs.

Just hope you take the time to read what I asked you to do before you start looking even more american/stupid than you already do.
June 12, 2007 1:51:20 PM

Quote:

I was thinking that too.
June 12, 2007 2:13:14 PM

Quote:

As you seem to be unable to read the simple thing I posted (to read EVGA´s Step-Up Terms and Conditions) I draw the simple conclusion that you must be american.

They might give you the price for what it would cost you to Step-Up to another card but if you would start a Step-Up then they would have to check the reciept/invoice for the card you orignally bought as you don´t have any reciept/invoice from a retailer for that 8600 card you got through RMA.

Don´t get me wrong, EVGA is a good company and I have 3 cards from them and I actually have read both the terms for RMA and Step-Up they have so i´m going to repeat what you said earlier "Why do people say things when they have NO CLUE what they are talking about?".

EVGA might be a good company with good warranty and advanced cross shipping RMA/Step-Up but they are in if for the money. Giving everyone who has a older broken graphics card the most similar thing they have in stock is a move to keep the custumer happy but giving them the option to upgrade that card up to the newest and best would never even break even on costs.

Just hope you take the time to read what I asked you to do before you start looking even more american/stupid than you already do.

Listen "MORON" just because I didn't spell it out to you in black and white does not mean that I didn't read the entire site "INCLUDING" the rules of the step up program. You can keep your anti-american crap to yourself, why bring your biogtry into an online chat about computer hardware?

BTW< the definition of a moron is that of one who has the intelligence level of a twleve year old, though I'm probably giving you more credit that you deserve on that one. Lol, have a great life and I'll go back to being the happy and proud American that I am. As far as I'm concerned my conversation with you is over and there will be no more replies to your ignorant comments.
June 12, 2007 2:39:23 PM

Dang... I turn my back on this topic for like 1 minute and it turns into a hate-fest. We're talking about video cards... how can anyone get that worked up over that?
June 12, 2007 2:41:37 PM

Quote:

Downgrade are you high? The other card was having trouble running games like LOTRO and other online games on Very High settings, this new card runs them all on the highest settings and does a fantastic job doing it to, I set it up on both my Acer 2051W gaming monitor and my Sony G520 Flat Screen and it's amazing how good games and video looks on them with this card. It litterally blows the 7900Gt KO out of the water. A downgrade? Not hardly plus this card is also setup for DX10 and Vista when I decide to go with that once they get the bugs worked out of it. If you buy this card you will not be dissapointed, I promise!

Are you sure... because the 7900GT is supposed to be faster than the 8600GTS... looks to me like your old 7900GT might have been overheating or something.
June 12, 2007 2:52:58 PM

Quote:

Listen "MORON" just because I didn't spell it out to you in black and white does not mean that I didn't read the entire site "INCLUDING" the rules of the step up program. You can keep your anti-american crap to yourself, why bring your biogtry into an online chat about computer hardware?

BTW< the definition of a moron is that of one who has the intelligence level of a twleve year old, though I'm probably giving you more credit that you deserve on that one. Lol, have a great life and I'll go back to being the happy and proud American that I am. As far as I'm concerned my conversation with you is over and there will be no more replies to your ignorant comments.

I only use harsh words for people who are either so thick or can´t listen to simple instructions.

If you truelly had read the "rules" as you call them you would have noticed that it says

"The duration of the EVGA Step-up™ Program is limited to 90 days after the date of purchase (the purchase date shown on the invoice or receipt)."

a little further on it says

"After you have applied, selected your upgrade card, and made your upgrade purchase; you will need to fax or email your original invoice or receipt to EVGA. After we have received and verified your information, you will be approved for an RMA"

The reciept/invoice must be within 90 days when you first started the Step-Up and you must send it to the so they can verify that it is before they accept to Step-Up your card.

Here is the info I wanted you to look at in black and white. If this is too hard for you to understand then maybe i´ll do it in pink and blue for you. :) 
June 12, 2007 10:28:55 PM

Alazeer,

I'm sorry to say this, and I don't want to start a flame war with you or anything, but Clickster is right about the Step-Up. Once you have received a card through RMA, it is no longer valid for Step-Up. Although, I'm sure if it is still in the 90-day period, you can work it out with eVGA. I have ALWAYS had good service with them.
!