Only Inetrnet Explorer That Works is Google Chrome for downloading

abs0

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Hello , something wierd happening to mmy computer. I have reinstalled windows xp home. Everytime I try to download anything on ENTERNET EXPLORER, FIREFOX, the computer restarts. I then downloaded Google Chrome from my friends computer, put it on a USB then installed it on my computer. On Crhome I am able to download , flash player, Adobe etc all the nitty gritty things you need to have on your compter.

Problem I have now is Skype. Skype runs fine. But when I put my Video camera on it states I have the older version of installation and I need to install and updated version for the logitech webcam. If i press yes, it defaults to Enternet explorer then tries to download the latest version then just restarts.

Is it possible somewhere in properties or something to default skype to use Google Chrome to download Or if anything why is this happeining please

Cheers Abs

abs0

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

Sorry yes it restarts the computer only when I try to download anything, but it doesn't do this on Google Chrome. And another thing I noticed was, when I go on MSCONFIG to make my start up faster it even restarts threr.???

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
definitely run malwarebytes, sounds like somethng is basically trying to stop you stopping it.

the restarts, does it just crash and boot you to the bios start screens
or does it shut down and then reboot?