I was playing oblivion for an hour, when suddenly...

insomnai

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
my twin X1950XTX's decided it was time to sound like a hair dryer.

It was 2am in the morning and thought it would be nice to get a bit of gaming in on my rig (see signature!).

I had turned the volume off on the speakers so not to wake the children or the old ball and chain, but hell, the GPU fans!!

I have been considering watercooling since getting these cards as they run at an average of 75 celcius and warm up my already hot room.

To give you an idea on how I'm set up, I'm running two X1950XTX's in crossfire and have a PCI slot available under the bottom card for my X-Fi.

Which GPU water blocks would be suited to this set-up while taking up only the space required by the exising stock fan's? (747 plane engine)

Any help here would be gratefully appreciated!

Insomnai

WestWarrior

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
Do not go with the koolance! God kills kittens everytime you buy koolance. Its sad that the folks at Koolance dont recognize the threat of galvanic corrosion. They put an aluminum block in the same line as a copper one. They are simply setting you up for failure!!! :cry:

If i had to recommend a waterblock for the x1900 family it would def. be this one

http://www.petrastechshop.com/ekfucowafora.html

1/2" fittings, all copper, cools everything, EK Craftmanship.