D-link USB wireless DWA-110 Vista 64-bit driver

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
I just bought the USB wireless donggle and when I tried it on my 64-bit PC, it didn't work because the "Vista certified" is only for 32-bit version. There's no driver for the dongle and even D-link website has no work around. It's kind of frustrated to know this only after I bought it. I search through the net and found no solution but a lot of people out there are having the same issue that I have.

After an hour or so, I didn't give up and finally I made it working. Here's what you need to do. Just search any 802.11g USB driver for Vista 64-bit. I have one here: http://www.downloadatoz.com/driver/download_3423231.html

Then go to the device manager, update the driver for the USB donggle. Select to install the driver manually, pick from the list as network adapter. Uncheck the show only compatible devices. Then, browse to the folder that you saved the driver. It will give a warning that it's not compatible but don't bother about that. After the installation, viola, it works! Though it does nto show as D-Link adapter, who cares as long as it works...

sjaakjules

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
ok ok well i must be kinda dumb at this... spent well over 3hrs trying different things... i installed the exe file.. didnt work did few other things from different websites.. didnt work.. if im not ment to install the exe well where do i get the drivers from?? i cant load the downloaded file to get the drivers...

when ya say
"Then go to the device manager, update the driver for the USB donggle. Select to install the driver manually, pick from the list as network adapter. Uncheck the show only compatible devices. Then, browse to the folder that you saved the driver. It will give a warning that it's not compatible but don't bother about that. After the installation, viola, it works! Though it does nto show as D-Link adapter, who cares as long as it works..."
the green i can do easy... but then the red well where do i browse?? went to have disk then the folder i saved driver... but well like i said before its not a dll file nor inf which is wat they ask for.. so i must assume i downloaded the wrong thing from ya link... but cant think what else to download... i went to the other history page and downloaded the vers 3.0.1.0 cauz that was a zip file and kinda worked out but not connecting to my network... so guess its not fully correct... would love a reply kinda annoyed at it but not much else i can do...

gabmtg

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
It works, Man!!! thanks a lot! You just saved me some bucks!!! Come on, guys! u just have to follow the steps exactly as they are described above!

First, you install the driver downloaded! Then, u have to go to device mananger, find your device in there - as there is no driver for him available, it will be described as unknown device. Then, u have to click on it and choose update device! Select to install the driver manually, pick from the list tha wiil appear "network adapter." Uncheck the show only compatible devices! At this point, i didin't follow our friend! He says "Then, browse to the folder that you saved the driver." I just have to find, in the list of devices shown, the option Realink and inside Realink the option 802.11 g usb stick, and that is because the driver you just downloaded - the driver rubikian indicated - is a Realink driver! Good Luck!!!

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
sir, would u like send me a drive of D-link USB wireless DWA-110 Vista 64-bit driver i cant download, plx help
cg0705@msn.com

G

*uninstall all dlink drivers and applications using the dlink driver setup program
*plug in your wireless device and let windos install the driver
*go to your network and sharing centre
*manage wireless connections and create the connection to your router manually
*name and password case sensitive
*install dlink app and driver and there you go