XP Has Black Screen for 10 Seconds During Boot Up ?

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I went into the system config utility and unchecked the boxes of three
items that I thought didn't need to be booting every time XP did. The
items were - Adobe Reader Speed Launch, Hp Digital Imaging Monitor,
and HP Image Zone Fast Start. The next time XP booted it started out
normal with it's splash screen but then there was a 10 second black
screen and no HD activity, it then resumes the splash screen and boots
normally except for the message below.

I'm getting messages to use the normal start up from the System
Config utility, but when I do I still get the same 10 second black
screen. It originally was Selective Startup and at least one item was
not checked ( MSN MSGR )

No matter what I try I still seem to get that 10 second black screen
and no HD activity.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Gary

Gary <grynwbry@@@@Yahoo.com> wrote:

>I went into the system config utility and unchecked the boxes of three
>items that I thought didn't need to be booting every time XP did. The
>items were - Adobe Reader Speed Launch, Hp Digital Imaging Monitor,
>and HP Image Zone Fast Start. The next time XP booted it started out
>normal with it's splash screen but then there was a 10 second black
>screen and no HD activity, it then resumes the splash screen and boots
>normally except for the message below.

This may come from other software which starts with Windows. See "How
to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

--
(tm)