Sign in with
Your question

My computer recognize that I am the administrator

Last response: in Windows Vista
Anonymous
October 31, 2009 11:01:58 PM

I have a problem with a few things I try to do on my computer and it does not recognize that I am the administrator.
The first thing was when I went to run a report on my computer for my
bit-defender Internet Securities 2010 it told me I don't have the privileges to run this, run as administrator. It also happened after I ran spybot S&D I went to fix all problems and told me I don't have the rights to perform this action as I am not the administrator.
I have only one user account on my computer I am always running as the administrator so I don't understand why I can't do it. Do I have some sort of virus or hijacker on my computer?
November 1, 2009 2:43:55 PM

Start in safe mode, create another administrator account and run the programs from this account.
November 2, 2009 12:29:04 PM

or the progam has been setup using another account and can only be used within that account
Related resources
November 2, 2009 10:13:37 PM

^A administrator account can access to any folder, independent if was created for another user.
November 5, 2009 7:02:23 PM

Right click on the program you are trying to run and choose "Run as Administrator"
November 6, 2009 2:41:30 AM

Agree with the poster above me. I think there is something with the way Vista and 7 handle things so that things such as malware has a harder time getting admin level access.
!