summer day extra hot cpu

Starmonger

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
I managed to get a good stable oc of my e6600 cpu, @3.4. temps were fine. but today was extremely hot for britain, and my pc is upstairs which means that the heat builds up in my room (no air conditioning). So after playing a game of supreme commander, i decided to check my temps and was shocked to see it idling at around 60c in core temp. did a quick blast of TAT cpu test and it shot up to around 74c. Should i be worried? Im fairly sure that its just the hot weather thats caused the temp to go up.

Edit: should i set the fan speed control in bios from auto to off... so that its on 100% full speed?

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
This is the reason I built this setup, tested two years, this cooling system is the best someone can ever build, I personally can guarantee. The new shroud and the rear fan mounted inside this shroud has cooled my system to 41 playing battlefield, the temps outside today was 30 without the humidx factor. I was playing battlefield most of the day temps of GPU and CPU have maintained a constant temp in the hottest of days not exceeding 41.

CPU oc’ed 1 GIGhz, GPU clock is 100 MHz OC, gpu memory clock is 100 MHz OC, GPU clock speed and memory voltages is set with a bios editor free for download at guru3d. System bios is configured so the system has no auto timing set, this includes monitoring of system. Voltages of CPU and ram are .05volts higher and ram is set to the tightest milliseconds. System refresh rate is set at 100 hertz with a res of 1024/1024. 2 Power supplies operate the system. All monitoring system is manual.
photo10015gn.jpg

power5vs.png

twin6bi.png

photo001ez3.jpg

im0009753bahm1.jpg

sider0013ty.jpg

Ninjaz7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Hey ,I don't care if it's a pizza hut box 8O ...It works,a mans gotta follow his passion no matter the materials,KUDOS dude...but I was always told the large fans Freq. would interfere with the computer,ever had such a prob??

As for the OP,make sure good airflow(case fans),case isn't boxed in a corner somewhere,and possibly bring down the oc a tad to compensate for summer(that's what I have to do).Or go water...gl :D

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
not a problem, take my second computer. Ninja, No problem with the fans I'm sure after 2 years of this build I would see some sign of problem. Not the best looking thing but it works good.